Chapter 3

The bright light illuminating the room woke me up. I squinted my eyes trying to adjust to the change. When it finally found a happy medium I took in my surroundings trying to come to terms with myself. This isn't my room! I thought to myself as I realized I was not in my own house, my own bed. What happened last night? I vaguely remember waiting for a cab then getting into a car and falling asleep. I started to panic as I struggled to remember.

I peered under the covers and noticed I was still wearing my dress. Whew! That little piece of information calmed me down completely. At least I didn't sleep with someone! I rolled out of the bed and looked for my shoes. Maybe the gentleman who's home this was left and I could sneak out with as much of my dignity I still had. I spoke too soon because I heard footsteps drawing closer to the brown room.

"You're up." his Australian accent was always a dead giveaway "Finally, I thought I would have to come in here and get you myself" he said flashing me a smile while wiping his hand on a dish towel hanging from his waist.

"Ye-Yea, I'm up." I responded awkwardly. "How did I-I get here?" I asked cutting to the chase.

"Well you fell asleep in my car and never told me where to drop you off, so I brought you here." He said shifting his weight uncomfortably "I tried waking you but you were knocked out. This was the smartest thing to do since it was pretty late." he said meeting my lost gaze. "We didn't sleep together if you're wondering. I slept on the couch. Figured I'd give you your privacy" he seemed kind of hurt by the situation and I really didn't understand why.

"Oh. Well thank you so much." I said putting on my shoes. "Where is my purse?" I asked scanning his room thoroughly

"It's in front, on the coffee table." He said leaving the room "Want some breakfast?"

What was his problem? Adrian seemed slightly disappointed. I would have to confront him later but now most certainly was not the time. I hustled out to his living room and reached for my purse. I grabbed my phone and nearly screamed when I saw the time. NOON! I was way past late I was practically playing hooky. Underneath the time were at least 12 missed calls. Four of them were from Keira and the rest from Bryce. Damn! He was upset.

"Breakfast?" he asked again slightly annoyed.

"No thank you. I really must be going I'm way past late for work." I said hastily putting on my shoes and hitting redial for Bryce.

Adrian slouched against the counter putting the freshly made plate down silently. "I told him where you are. You'll be fine. No need to rush right now." He said sounding frustrated

You what!? I almost shouted this out loud. "What do you mean you told him where I am?" I asked masking my concern

"He was calling nonstop so I answered that way he wouldn't get worried. I told him you were asleep and weren't feeling well." He responded rubbing his hands through his hair carelessly. "He understood and said to take your time"

I glared at Adrian trying to process the words that had just escaped his lips. He not only answered my phone, but he told my unbelievably handsome boss I was now lying in his bed asleep. I felt a lump in my throat as a shocked gasp escaped my lips. Did Bryce really understand? I ruffled my hair and continued to put myself together with every intention of leaving.

"Are you still leaving?" Adrian stood up visibly annoyed "I said he understands and pardoned you for the day" he said walking towards me. "Have breakfast with me" he said holding my hands.

I released myself from his grasp and walked backwards. What was his deal? I turned to head for the door when I felt him latch onto my waist pulling me back into his arms.