Chapter 11.5 - misunderstanding

1½ year ago.....

No one's POV

A certain jounin commander and interrogator were in a stressful moments in their ife.

Their kage, commands them to do a background check on a single boy.

This boy introduced himself as a demon lord anywhere he goes. Which, only adds more suspicions.

Yet,

They found nothing.

They questioned to boy. But the boy was rather... too smart, for them.

The boy do not have ill intent towards konoha.

Nor did the boy has shown any possibility to be a ROOT member.

As much to their confusion, the boy talks as if he watched every single events they experienced in the past.

The first thing the boy did after joining academy was faking his scores, and intimidate all his peers and his seniors, and make all jounins go crazy from all of his bullshit.

"the hidden genius",

"The demon brat's friend",

"the redhead devil"

Was the names he gets from all jounins and chuunins.

But the most used name was...

"Demon Genius"

Eventually, they gave up. Their kage let him be free over everything.

But of course, the higher ups are not happy with that decision, mostly danzo.

A year after the boys arrival ROOT's base was raided.

Danzō and all his "tools" managed to escape, unfortunately.

Danzo tasked his "tools" to investigate and surprise, surprise it was the demon genius.

From that, danzo spends the whole year to monitor the boy after the tension are down.

Of course, hiruzen just had to let him go,since there's no "evidence" due to the fuinjutsus hindering all their works.

Danzō's "tools" however, did not escape our demon genius' wrath.

They got the mission to assassinate him from danzo.

But nothing seems to work.

Poisons seems to be like his favorite drinks after training, a strand of his hair are enough to deflect kunais.

And ninjutsus are out of question, they are commanded to assassinate him by stealth, after all.

There was times they had to searched the whole village for him, only to finds him back in his apartment.

Nevertheless, the boy always stares at them after every single failed assassination attempts.

Many times they got out smarted by the boy.

The boy would somehow noticed them right away.

And when there's a chance the boy is out of his apartment, they would start to investigate.

His belongings and food, will all be checked.

And once more, they got stunned.

Among the boy's items, a paper was laying on top of his table.

A detailed picture was drawn on the paper.

A picture of a man without his right hand while covered in blood as a trail of blood can seen dripping from his mouth.