Chapter 16

Time Skip: Afternoon, the next day

I had asked Z all the questions I had. Apparently, we are flying out to New York tomorrow morning. The interview is at noon in 2 days. We will be flying back home the night of the interview. It's going to be me, Tom, Zendaya, Jacob, and Laura. We weren't sure what we would do when it came to cars and who would go with who. We were going to figure that out tomorrow. I'm super excited. I've never been to New York, I've only seen it in movies and through pictures online but it looks absolutely beautiful. I've seen videos of New Yorkers talking about New York though. They all say that they look at it as, well, a dump. I guess that's just how it is with everyone though. Every state looks different to the people who have lived there for a long time compared to the people who don't live there. A lot of people want to move to California because of the 'beautiful' beaches and 'nice' weather. What a lot of them don't know is that it's super expensive to be down there, the beaches are not that beautiful because Californians couldn't care less about putting their trash in actual trash cans. I don't know where y'all get your pictures of the beaches down here because they definitely don't have clear water, at least not that clear. Not to mention, California is bipolar. It can't decide whether or not it wants to rain or be sunny. Half the time when it's raining, it is super sunny and in the '70s. Not necessarily the best mix. The forecast that you find on your phone is wrong over half the time because it will either tell you that it will be in the '60s all day when really, it'll end up being in the higher '80s. One day it will be sunny and hot, the next day it will be rainy and cold. We also don't have seasons. Like, at all.

I've been packing for a couple of hours now while listening to country music. It's my favorite. Especially Luke Combs. My favorite song by him is Forever After All (A/N: I know it wasn't out yet at that time but don't come for me, it's the best song ever). I was only going to be in New York for 2 days but being that we are going home from New York and not back to Atlanta, I needed to pack everything. I hadn't really been shopping when I was down here, so I didn't struggle to fit anything in my suitcases. The whole cast was going to go to Tom's house tonight for a little goodbye cast party. Yes, Tom, Z, Jacob, Laura, and I will be seeing each other for a few more days but we won't see the rest of the cast. It's sad. My first ever big movie was ending, in fact, it already ended. I hate to see it go. I've had so many great memories on set. I almost don't want to go to the party just so that reality doesn't get to sit in when everyone starts crying or leaving. (Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.) I looked at the time, I had to start getting ready for the party. It was a casual party so I just threw on some ripped jeans and a crop top.

 It was a casual party so I just threw on some ripped jeans and a crop top

Outfit

This usually isn't my type of style, but I was feeling confident today I guess. I kept my hair down in a middle part but curled it loosely. I threw on minimal makeup so just concealer, brow gel, and mascara on my top and bottom lashes. With that, I headed out the door and into an Uber.

When I arrived, I took out my phone to tip the Uber driver, and then knocked on the door. I made sure to be a little late so I wasn't the first one to show up since this is Tom's house and I'm currently avoiding him. I might talk to him but it won't be about anything serious. I don't want anything to be too awkward when we go to New York. When I knocked on the door, Laura answered it. She waved me in and I set my bag by the door so I won't forget it before I leave. There was beer, wine, and whiskey at the coffee table everybody was surrounding. Jon Watts was there and in Georgia, the drinking laws permit people under 21, to drink with someone who is 21 or over as long as the guardian says they can. So everybody will be drinking tonight. I won't have much just because all alcohol does to me is make me tired and want to go to bed.

"Heyyy Y/N!!!" Zendaya said. A little too enthusiastic given the circumstances.

"Hey y'all." I said plainly. I didn't mean for it to come out like that, it just did.

"Why so grumpy?" Jon asked

"No reason, it's just my first big movie ending. The first project I've done that I actually made friends on so I'm a little sad to see it all go, you know?"

"That's how I was when I first became an Actress, but you get used to it as much as you can. Don't get me wrong, I still cry and I still don't like seeing it end, but it gets easier the more you do it." Zendaya said

"Yea. Same here when I first started." Tom said. I looked him in the eyes when he said that. I missed looking into them. They were full of comfort and love. Why do I have to be me?? Why do I have to be so scared of feeling someone else's love for me? It's stupid. I'm stupid.

"Let's forget for a little bit that this is all coming to an end after 5 or so months of filming, and just hang out and drink, yeah?" Jacob chimes in.

"Sounds good to me!" I say with a smirk on my face that seemed to be contagious as everybody else got the same smirk on their face. Let the party commence!!

Word Count: 1045