Chapter 3

“Babe, I have to go.” Joe yells from the living room.

“What?No, why? I am making dinner.”

“Timothy called.”

Oh shit. I am always afraid of them meeting together alone. What if Timothy says something about our friendly dates? Sure, nothing has ever happened but still, Joe will be mad. And quite frankly he can dump me.

“What for?” I ask him, trying to make my voice not so nervous.

“Don't know. What will you do?”

“Don't know either. Maybe I will go out for a drink.”

“No you won't.” he says shaking his head and smiling at me.

“What do you mean?”

“You know that I don't allow you to go out alone.”

“I won't be alone. I will call...um.. Robin.”

“No, baby come on. What are you doing? You know that I won't let you go out without me.” he says and he hugs me by my waist.

The truth is that this was his only bad thing. No matter how nice he is, how many presents he buys me or how many times in a day he makes me have orgasms, he doesn't let me go anywhere. He won't even let me out with his security guards. He says quote “I trust you baby, it's them I don't trust.” . So every time I have to sneak out like I am a 15 year old girl.

“Okay baby, then I will invite someone over.” I turn and I smile at him. Instead he gives me his disapproval look. “What?”

“You know how I feel about these visits. When they are gone the place looks like it has been hit by a tornado.”

“Well, it's my place.” my voice rises a few octaves.

“Yours? I thought we are soon to get married. In fact why don't you move in with me. It's about time.”

“What?Um----”

“Baby please I have to go. See some T.V or something. Bruce will be down stairs so you have nothing to be afraid. If any bugler or something.... no, he will stop any threat.”

“I know...” that is what has been going on since the day we went out for the first time...

He kiss me, a kiss full of passion and tongue and he leaves, locking the door behind him. In some short of a sick twist, this is kinda of a turn on. Be guarded, be a prisoner. But right now I am pissed. What am I supposed to do now? He wasn't always like this. He used to let me out, doing whatever I wanted to do. But lately yeah, he even locks the door behind him. But I can't be mad at him. He helps my family, he helps me. I can't be mad at him because of only one little bad thing. It is little isn't it? At least that is what will help me sleep at night. For example, one week ago, he bought my mother, Steve and my father tickets to Paris. My folks hadn't even left the city before that. And now they are spending a wonderful week in Paris while my little brother assaults Disneyland.

I make some tea, for the first time in months and I go and sit to my desk. Surfing the internet will get some time pass by. I sit down and I open my Mac. Another one of Joe gifts. The machine comes to life silently and I wonder what kind of technology it has, but the thought is not at all entertaining so I let it go. The first thing I do is check my emails. My eyes pop out. There is a mail from today...From Tim.

________________________________

From: Timothy R. Davis

To: Katarina Conor.

Subject: Dinner Plans

My dearest Miss Conor,

I am in the happy position to inform you that today I made dinner plans with your husband to be. Will you do us the honor of meeting me, and my wonderful wife, for a promising diner?

Timothy R. Davis.

________________________________________________________

What? What? What the fucking fuck? When did this happen? His wonderful wife? That witch is now a fucking wonderful wife? That Troll? And what the actual fuck is up with Joe? Why didn't he tell me about this? And when I asked him why does Timothy want him he said that he didn't know? A lie inside a lie? A take a mouthful of my tea and I type in a response. Reminder to self: Delete it after.

______________________________

From: Katarina Conor.

To: Timothy R. Davis.

Subject: Dinner Plans.

Mr. Davis,

I am so sorry I couldn't attend to your Dinner Plans. Apparently my husband to be didn't inform me about it and prefer to lie to me. Again, I am sorry.

Katarina Conor.

___________________________________________________

I press sent and when it's gone I delete the message from the Sent folder and from the Deleted Folder. I am beyond mad. Not only I was invited but he didn't even let me go anywhere else. The fuck? My phone rings after nearly a minute.

“What?!” I scream without even looking who it is.

“Kat?” I hear Timothy's voice from the other side of the line and my heart skips a beat and I hate it that this still happens.

“Oh, um... Hey.”

“He didn't tell you?”

“No.”

“Damn. Can you come now? I can sent Keith..”

“No Ti—Mr.Davis I can't. What will I say to him? Who told me? Who sent Keith? No.. I can't.”

What the fuck happened to you? When did you turn into such a pussy?” he mocks me.

“Well, I am getting married Mr. Davis. I have to make compromises.”

“He has you locked up or something?” he asks giggling and I flush scarlet. No, I am too ashamed to tell him that he actually yeah, he has me locked up. “Katarina?” he asks after a moment of silent. “That son of a bitch!” he yells.

“No, no please don't shout.”

“That motherfucker did lock you up didn't he?”

Um.. yeah okay Alice Cullen. Can you see another vision of me? How can he know? How can he read me so well from the cellphone?

“Please.”

“I am coming there.”

“You don't know where I live.”

“I do.”

He says and he hangs up. Shit. Just shit. What is going to happen? How am I going to explain this to Joe? Yes he is wrong from his side, but if Timothy comes here, the email, the phone call, the meetings.. I am far more wrong am I? This is going to end up pretty shitty. Shit! I pace anxiously in the apartment not knowing what to do..

Oh God what am I going to do?