Chapter 1

"Stop just stop! Please!" I yell at Joe. We are outside of Empire State building where Joe's Gala was taking place. I had to practically drag him out of the restaurant Empire Room witch is located at the ground floor of the building.

"I am the one who needs to stop? Do you have the slightest idea of how you are looking at him the entire night?!" he shouts back at me.

"You are being ridiculous baby, please! Me and Timothy are done, almost a year ago!"

"You have come to acknowledge it but apparently my brother doesn't. That is why i didn't want him here in the first place!"

"You just closed the biggest deal of them all baby. We may be moving to Tokyo and you don't want your brother to be here?"

It's been a year and a half since me and Timothy drifted apart. I have had strict friendly dates with him for at least a year but of course Joe doesn't know about it. Joe is my fiance for a month now. After things with Timothy didn't work out, Joe stepped up and made anything he could to make me happy. Clubs, restaurants, cinemas, just hanging with me and my family and do all short of stuff that friends do. Until one day, three months after me and Timothy were history, when Joe invited me to a trip with him in Abu Dhabi. One thing led to another and we ended up having sex in a five star hotel named Grand Corniche. Boy this family have money! After that he was just being a sweetheart, buying me flowers and chocolates, taking me for trips, declaring his love in public,buying me presents. Until one month ago he bought me the biggest present of them all. A huge purple diamond ring. He got down in one knee right in front of my whole family and asked me to be his wife. I knew, i still know, that we are going fast. But the truth is that i do......like him. Love him? No, not yet but it will eventually come. I don't use him. He was there when i was a mess and he picked me up and glued me together. Of course i will always be cracked but life goes on and so do i.

"I want to tell him."

"Tell him what?"

"That you are my wife now." he smiles a warm smile that touches his heart. My heart on the other side, skips a bit.

"Um, baby... this is not the right time. You haven't talked to him for over a year."

"That is a great ice breaker. Come!"

He grabs my hand like a five year old and leads me back in. With my other hand i pull up my satin black gown but i wasn't fast enough and i trip the fine fabric to my heels and i fall down.

"Kitty!" Timothy yells from the other side of the restaurant and everyone goes still. Shit! Kate is besides him and he leaves her shocked and runs to me. "Are you okay?"

"What the fuck?" Joe shouts at him. "Kitty?" he looks at me angry and i shoot fireballs to Timothy.

"Sorry." he pleads Joe, "The power of habit." he says and takes a step back.

I turn to look at Joe scared of the worst, when i see him smiling softly and extends one arm to me. Well, no harm done after all. But i seriously need to talk to Timothy. Yes, we have been going out without Joe knowing but only because he was much more wrecked than i was. At all of our dates he didn't even touch a hair of my head and now he comes running calling me Kitty?

"Well brother.." Joe speaks to him while i stand besides him fixing my gown. "You better lose that habit and you better do it quickly, because that lady over here..." he says eyeing me, "is going to be my wife in about six months."

My hands drop to my sides numb. In an insant they are colder that ice. I feel my eyes dry out and i am about to feint. No no no. Not this way. This will kill him. I look at him and his mouth is open in a big O. He narrows his eyes looking at me and takes a sharp breath.

"Kate." he says his wife name calmly and when Kate comes by his side they leave the room.

The moment they pass the door of the restaurant every one applauds. People i have never seen in my life, apparently from Joe's cycle, come to hug us and congratulate us. Caroline, Joe and Timothy's best friend.

"May i talk to you?" she says to me, her voice sounds angry. Oh boy... 

"Sure." i reply and follow her a few steps away form where Joe, my husband to be, is getting more hugs and bravos. 

"What in the God's name are you doing?" 

"Excuse me?" i ask her shocked. 

"You destroyed Tim and now your quest continues with Joe?" she says coming closer to me and her nose nearly touches mine. 

"First of all back off." i say shoving her lightly. "Second of all... Fuck off." i smile at her a bitchy smile and i turn on my heel. 

Fucking shit! I knew it would come to this. The good thing is that there are not a lot of people who know about mine and Timothy's history. But still, truth be told, what was i doing? Was this the right thing to do? Hurting Timothy so bad?

And one more thing... Why the hell do i still care about how he feels?!