Chapter 130

The room was formally decorated in an array of colors. Candles were lit and the tables were set with all types of food. There were a few maids holding a tray of glasses that contained light colored liquor and a few gusts roamed the tables mingling and talking with one another.

Mingi was surprised to find the same people he witnessed arguing before, calmly talking and eating amongst one another. The King left his side to talk to the King from Jeon kingdom and the alpha wasn't sure if he should follow him. He noticed all the other assistants dispersed in the wide room and decided to keep his distance.

San stuck right beside Tae Oh as his assistant was busying herself with some sweets at a farther table. He felt the familiar tingles in his toes and turned to find the Han King walking towards them. The King slightly eyed him snobbishly before bowing.

"I'm sorry about your mother. I was unaware," he spoke.
Tae Oh lightly nodded as an answer.
"Are you really trying to become King? Surely it won't be easy."

Tae Oh nodded a bit more serious than before.
A small smirk tugged at his lips and he pat the omega's shoulder causing San to flinch.

"Lets hope it goes well then."

Seonghwa was feeling a bit happy this morning. Hongjoong had bought custard for dinner yesterday and made his favorite for breakfast. He was currently wearing his shoes, getting ready to leave when Hongjoong stopped him. Seonghwa tilted his head a bit confused as Hongjoong wore his shoes as well.

"I'll drop you off," he smiled.
Seonghwa felt his heart rate increase and his cheeks tinted.
"But why?" He couldn't help but ask.
"Because I want to," Hongjoong replied.

They didn't talk much on the way but it wasn't completely awkward. The alpha asked how everything was going and Seonghwa answered the same.

When they reached the palace's medical center, Hongjoong turned to face the older and smiled. He used his hand to pull him into a hug and just barely scented him.

"Make sure to always do what you want to do ok?" He said as he pat his back, the other rubbing his wrist.

Seonghwa was a little confused by the emotions he was feeling. The past few weeks have been hard on him and he's practically distanced himself from the younger to refrain from telling him what happened.

His eyes started to water as he placed his hands around the alpha to return the hug. He wanted nothing more than to forget everything that was happening and explain everything to Hongjoong but he couldn't. He was so close to becoming a doctor and he felt it'd be a waste to throw it all away.

Hongjoong became worried when he heard the beta sniffle and attempted to move back but Seonghwa only held onto him tighter. He quickly wiped his eyes and put on a bright smile for the alpha.

"Ok!" He chirped.

Though it wasn't completely sincere, it made Hongjoong happy. He felt like Seonghwa was slowly returning to his old self.

Jongho didn't know why but the air felt different. There was an ominous feeling in the atmosphere but he had no idea what to make of it. Especially since there was no reason for him to feel this way.

He pulled Yeosang in closer and hugged him tightly. The last time he felt like this, the omega had been abducted. It made him scared and he only held the blond tighter.

Yeosang stirred awake feeling a little constricted. He tried to speak but it was a little hard with the alpha squeezing him so he tapped his shoulder. Jongho slightly loosened his grip but refused to let him go. Yeosang suddenly felt sad and scared. He wasn't sure why until he realized the emotion was a bit distant. It wasn't his feelings.