Cuts and Crappy Homecoming Proposals

"And sometimes I just want to sit around and gaze at my shoes. And let your dirty sadness fill me up like a balloon. And in the end, I'd do it all again. I think you're my best friend. Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?" 'The Kids Aren't Alright' by Fall Out Boy

AVALON:

"Shit, Indie, you don't have to wrap it too tightly."

"You fucking cut your arm again. I'm not gonna take it lightly."

I looked up and saw that she was struggling with her tears. I felt extremely bad and placed my non injured hand on her hand.

"I'm sorry. Things are just tough, you know?"

She shook her head. "You can't just mutilate yourself because Finn said something idiotic. If I lose you, God, where would I be?"

I shrugged. "Luke would be supporting your world while trying to hold up his. He wouldn't leave your side." I saw her face flush and grinned. "By the way, did I see you two making out on the sofa? I was ready to die of feels, if not of blood loss."

She blushed even more and I squealed. "Indie! You guys like each othe-"

"I like him, but his feelings for me are unrequited." She smiled. "It's fine though. It's not like he friendzoned me. While saying he loved me."

My jaw dropped. "Friend Zone Level 100: Your best friend say I love you, wait for it, as a best friend."

"Don't rub it in." She said in a sulky tone.

"I mean, there's always the chance he'll ask you to homecoming. I heard him talking to Tyler during AP Chem. He said he'd ask you to the dance." I shrugged. "He also said he'd give you his jersey."

 She gasped, because she knew how big of a deal it was if a football guy gave a girl his jersey, or, if you were in ASB, you gave the girl your ASB letter man jacket. It was tradition to give a girl an article of your clothing because one, it'd show he liked the girl and therefore indicated that he was asking the girl out to the dance and two, the girl couldn't say no.

"I can't accept his jersey!" Indie exclaimed. "I wanna find my Jay-Z before I make a commitment."

"News flash: Luke is your Jay-Z. And if you don't accept the jersey, you'll be cast into the lower levels of the high school pyramid."

She sighed. "I get it, it's just...who'll you go with?"

"Me?" I laughed. "Don't worry about me. I have to take photos for yearbook and run the dance. I don't need a man."

"Didn't Tyler want to ask you out?" She asked.

I laughed even more at that. "Tyler's just a friend. We've known each other for what, 4 years? We're practically siblings."

"I'm just saying, Finn wouldn't-"

"Finnigan Samuel Winters is a dick ass bitch who's wearing his ass as a hat." I cut off sharply. I looked at my left arm out of habit. How many scars did he give me? Hours of unrest and tears? Too many. I was ready to give up on him.

 "Hey, Ava?" Indie asked. I didn't respond. "AVALON JULIET BLAKE YOU ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW."

"Jesus Christ, no need to yell. There are two teenage boys here."

"That snore like pigs." She scoffed. "Anyways, just don't give up on him, yet. He honestly regrets calling you that and saying those things to you."