Break-Ins and Breakfast

INDIE:

Roommates are absolute shit.

Especially if they snore and drool.

I woke up to Ava snoring like a pig. I peeked at her top bunk and nearly gagged at the amount of saliva streaming from her mouth.

I braced for what I was going to do.

"AVA AVA FIRE FIRE!"

Ava shrieked and fell off of her top bunk. I stood laughing as she scrambled to her feet and did a karate pose.

"Why the hell are you NOT running out of our room and calling the police?" Ava demanded.

"I needed to wake you up," I replied with a shrug. She slapped me across the face in retaliation.

"You're a sadist." I muttered. She glared at me and plastered a sweet smile onto her face in return.

"That's why I'm your best friend," She replied in a sarcastic voice. We both laughed at that, because let's be honest, we are best friends.

We suddenly heard a creak coming from downstairs.

"Robbers?' I whispered to her, out of fear. She gave me a casual shrug and motioned for me to follow her.

We crept silently down the stairs, making sure that we were stealthily hidden in the shadows. Once we reached the end of the staircase, I reached for the baseball bat hidden underneath the first stair.

"Is that necessary?" She whispered in exasperation.

"You never know!" I exclaimed. She glared at me and I lower my voice. "There could be robbers, or rapists, maybe zombies, but robbers, Ava! There could be-"

We heard shuffling in the kitchen. Ava nodded and we took our positions.

I charged into my kitchen, screaming bloody murder. Ava was close to follow, but she stopped when she saw who it was. That didn't stop me, though, I ran to the nearest "robber" and began smacking the person with my baseball bat.

"Ava-help-FUCKING INDIE STOP-Fuck ow."

I gaped in surprise. "Finn?"

"I'm not a mother effin robber!" He exclaimed. I saw Ava blush, and Finn blushed simultaneously.

Those two idiots are too in love with each other. Can't they just date?

"Honestly, it was funny seeing little Finny here getting hit by a bat," someone said, "but I could use some bacon right now."

I glared at my best friend, Luke. He was holding the bacon package in his hand and preparing a pan.

"And you couldn't knock because...?" I asked.

"Because they're idiots." Ava replied with a shrug. "C'mon, Finn, let's patch you up." She helped Finn up to his feet and led him to the couch in the main living area.

Luke stood beside me and grinned. "Whipped af." He stated, pointing to Finn and grinning at me. "He's thinking about asking her out to homecoming ball."

"Don't you have a game that night?" I asked. He nodded.

I watched Ava blush as she applied the ice pack to Finn's cheek. Finn just grinned and pressed his hand to hers. Ava turned into a strawberry, needless to say.

"He better ask her soon before I die young of feels." I muttered.

-

A/n

Hello lovelies, lia here with the FIRST MOTHEREFFIN CHAPTER OF ZONED.

I'm excited, can you tell?

Sorry for the weird publishing times and crap, but I had nothing to do so I started this chapter.

Nicola Peltz is on the side, she plays Indie.

Have a fancy, beautiful day!

Xoxox-lia