They Call Me New Thang

August 15th, 2016

The abandoned trailer was empty, which seemed obvious, since that was pretty much the definition of 'abandoned'.

The small blonde boy stepped inside the dirty wreck, surveying the way the table had been flipped over, papers and cups and other miscellaneous junk strewn around from whatever party the crackheads threw.

He didn't know how or when this trailer had gotten tipped over, he just knew he liked coming here to get away from his overbearing older brother, and his too quiet younger one.

He grabbed the chair that lay on its side in the back of the trailer and righted it, sitting down on it with a sigh.

A large piece of shattered glass lay by his feet and he picked it up, looking at his reflection.

A too-big black hoodie, a white shirt, three long gold necklaces, black skinny jeans, a black and white garter tied around his lower right leg and black shoes.

Suga had scolded him for always dressing so 'dark and depressing', but Agust liked black, for many reasons. Suga was just lucky Agust had dyed his normally black hair something bright.

His phone vibrated and he lowered the glass shard, digging his free hand into his pocket to pull the device out.

He smiled and his heart pounded a little faster when he saw his crush was calling.

"Hey, Namjoon." He answered, getting up from the chair to walk around aimlessly in the small trailer.

"Hey! What's up?"

"Nothing, just hanging out."

"In that dirty, drug infested trailer again?"

Agust chuckled. "You know me so well. Am I predictable?"

"Nah, I'm just too smart for you." Namjoon teased. "Anyways, I finished my tutoring session early and wanted to see if you were free."

Agust's heart did a flip. "Yeah, I am."

"Cool. I'll head to the trailer then. See you soon!"

He hung up and Agust couldn't contain his giddy smile.

He grabbed the table and turned it back upright. Leaning over it, he used the glass to scratch his initials on the oak surface.

A.D.M

He wasn't cliche enough to add Namjoon's initials and a heart, but maybe one day-

A bright burst of light and a shockwave suddenly erupted outside the trailer, knocking the boy onto his back.

Agust gasped as the air was expelled from his lungs, wincing when his head cracked on the floor.

The bright light slowly died down, but the image was burned into the boys vision.

He blinked slowly, trying to figure out if he had just died or not.

Reaching up, he grabbed the table after two missed tries, and hauled himself back up on both feet. Groaning in pain, he rubbed the back of his head, waiting for his ears to stop ringing.

What the fuck had that been?

Suga would definitely not want him to investigate, and Yoongi would be too scared to, but luckily Agust was just the right amount of stupid and brave.

With tentative steps, he shuffled towards the door of the trailer, peering out into the junk yard.

There was a person standing in the dirt that definitely hadn't been there five minutes ago.

Squinting, Agust leaned forward for a closer look at whoever that was, forgetting he should probably stay hidden.

The person was a boy, despite having long blonde hair that fell halfway down his back. He was dressed in old fashion dynasty clothes, with silk black robes embroidered with gold. He held a long sword out, the tip flaming with bright yellow and red fire.

Oh, and he was standing in a ring of fire too, so that sword was probably where it had come from, though Agust wasn't sure how.

The boy held his arm out and swiped it to the side, and the fire instantly burned out.

"Shit!" Agust exclaimed in shock, then slapped a hand over his mouth.

The boy snapped his head up, his dark glare catching Agust's wide eyed stare.

He took a step forward, but before Agust could scream and run away, the ground suddenly shook, knocking both of them to their feet.

"No!" The boy growled, catching himself with his hands and whipped his head to look over his shoulder.

Agust stared in stunned silence as the earth cracked in half just behind the boy, creating a deep crevice.

"NO!" The boy shouted furiously when he saw black smoke rise out, curling around him.

It grabbed his ankles like it was a solid thing and started dragging him back, pulling him to the crevice.

"I need to go further in time!" The boy snapped, rising his sword and plunging the still flaming tip into the dirt.

Immediately a ring of fire erupted around him, and another bright light flashed.

Agust's arm shot up to cover his eyes, and he didn't lower it again until he heard nothing around him.

Slowly, he peered around, shocked to see...nothing.

No boy, no fire, no large crack in the ground, no black smoke.

It was like nothing had ever happened.

Agust stared, rubbed his eyes with both fists, and stared again.

"Hey, Agust!"

Namjoon waved as he walked into the junkyard.

He frowned as he got closer. "Whoa, you okay? You look like you saw a ghost."

Agust blinked, getting to his feet.

"I have no idea what the fuck I just saw."