Chapter 4: Kai & Skylor's Date

A Few Hours Ago...

The fiery couple were walking down the streets of Ninjago, hand in hand. Both of them looked really happy to be able to spend time with each other. Skylor broke the comfortable silence by saying, "So, Kai," He looked at her, "What did you plan for today?"

"I was thinking about going to your dad's island." He answered truthfully.

Skylor cocked a brow, "Oh? Why so? Did you already planned something there?" She smiled.

"You could say that." Kai smirked. He put his hand out for her to take, "Follow me, m'lady." Skylor giggled at that and took his hands. Kai led them to the docks and they saw Master Chen's upgraded ferry waiting for them there.

Skylor smiled, "When did you even have the time to upgrade my father's ferry?" She asked, "Then again, how'd you even have time to plan something at my dad's island?"

"A magician never reveals his secrets." He bowed mockingly which earned a laugh from Skylor.

"Well then, let's go. We would wanna be there before dark, fire boy." She smiled slyly.

They both got on the ferry and they started sailing towards Master Chen's Island. They both walked towards the railing and just stared out at the ocean. Skylor was looking out at the beautiful ocean waves when she felt someone looking at her. Her smile faded and she looked at Kai, who was looking at her lovingly.

She smirked, "Take a picture. It'll last longer, hot stuff."

"I already did, Sky." He pulled her closer to him to which she smiled at, "But why look at the picture when I can see the real beauty."

"Oh, yeah?" She asked before smirking again, "What is the real beauty?"

Kai looked towards the ocean, "That isn't even a question."

"How so?" She asked playfully as if she already knew the question.

He looked at her, "Stop stalling. You already know it's you, baby." He said slyly.

Skylor smirked again, "Oh, really?" She said with a light blush on her cheeks.

"Oh, yes really." He fired back.

"Then I think you deserve this." Skylor said which made Kai confused.

"Deserve what?-" He cut himself off when Skylor pulled him a little closer to kiss his cheek. He blanked out at the sudden movement. Skylor giggled at him. He snapped out of his trance and smirked, "I think you missed." He said with a light blush on his face.

Skylor pretended to think about it, "Hmm... Nah. That's all you get for now."

Kai pouted at her, "Oh, come on, Sky."

She shook her head, "Nope. You'll get that reward when you earn it, hot tamale."

"You've always been the fiery one, huh?" He asked, earning a chuckle from the girl.

"You could say I'm very spirited." She grinned. The ferry suddenly stopped. They looked and saw that they made it to the island, "Looks like we're here. Come on."

They were jumping off the ferry to get to the ground when one of the new workers' that Skylor hired came up to them and said, "Ms. Skylor! Welcome back, it has been over 2 weeks since your last visit." He said in a raspy voice, "What will you be doing today?"

She smiled, "Please. Just call me Skylor, and I'm not gonna be here for work today." She looked at Kai, "I'll be spending time here with Kai."

The employee looked at Kai, "Oh! Master Kai!" He leaned in to whisper in Kai's ears, "You want me to get the hoverboards now?" He whispered and Kai nodded, "Alright!" He whisper-yelled. The employee looked at Skylor and said, "Oh, I'll be back! Gotta grab something. Be right back!"