Chapter 2

Wednesday came by quickly and as expected things haven't changed. Her parents had decided to sent her to her brothers and she didn't really have a choice than go. After all, she wanted her parents to be happy with her and if that meant she had to go to the same school as her brothers did, then so be it. No one said, she would have to talk or be around them.

"Honey, you're ready to go?", Mrs. Halfblood called for her from downstairs.
"Yeah. I'm coming down in a second." Saphira looked around her room. It looked similar to that of her brothers now. Unlived.
Her shelves barely contained any books, her wardrobe practically empty, her desk clean as the day it was bought, and everything else was packed too. Just some texts and pictures still hung on the white walls.

Saphira grabbed her little backpack and went to leave her room, but on her way out she saw the framed picture her mother had put on her desk last night.
It was a picture of her and her oldest brother Jayden. It was a few months before they left for the boarding school. She had been twelve, Jayden was fifteen and he had taken her piggyback since she had fallen asleep as they went home. 

It had happened a few months before the incident. 

What she did next was unexplainable to herself. She picked up the picture and put it in her backpack. Then she left her room, knowing she was going into a new life.
She just didn't know which life she preferred.
The one she had right now or the one she was going to.

Meeting her mother downstairs, they left the house together and got into the car.
"You're ready, Honey?", her mother asked, starting the car and driving out of the driveway.
 "No." Today was the day. It was Sunday and she would go to the boarding school like her brothers. Her mother had stayed the weekend at home with her, while her father had driven to her brothers yesterday.

"Are you scared to go to a new school or are you scared to meet your brothers?"
"School. I don't have to be scared to meet my brothers", she answered, but it was a lie.

It was the other way around. She was totally scared of meeting her brothers. Afraid of seeing the disgust in their eyes. She didn't want to go, but she had to go and she had to meet her brothers. If she wanted or not, she had to and she was not a kid, so she would be an adult and just face it. And what if they didn't want to see her. She didn't want to see them either.

"Don't be. You will master it like you always do. You are such a strong woman and even if I don't know what's going on, I know that you are going through a hard time and mastering it. You never stopped fighting and that is what counts. If you can do that then you can easily take on going to a new school", her mother said smiling over to her, before she looked back onto the street.

"Thank you."
"Try sleeping a bit. You look tired.", her mother told her. Saphira was tired, she hadn't slept much last night since it had taken hours for her to fall asleep and she had awoken from a night terror a few hours later.

Leaning against the window, she closed her eyes, thinking about what would be happening. 
Her brothers didn't know she was coming and it would definitely not be the first thing she would do. She wondered what would happen if Brad found out she was going to her brothers' school.

He would probably kill her, not risking her telling her brothers, or getting close to them. Screw the last part. That would definitely not happen.
If she ever told anyone her story, they would probably ask her why she didn't fight back.

Saphira knew how to fight and she was pretty good, but not good enough. Her fights at the Bads were tactical and it was a one against one fight. 
The fights against Brad were different. He was never alone, his friends were always there to restrain her so that her attempts to fight back were for nothing.