The Grave Betrayal

The next morning I was sitting depleted on the breakfast table. Poking around at the half-eaten food I stared at some random point on the cloth. The information from last night was disarraying with my head and everything felt so complicated. I felt like someone had handed me a cat's yarn ball to untangle.

My thoughts were hindered by my phone which started vibrating violently flashing Tanner's name.

"Hello!" I mumbled.

"Where are you?" He said urgently.

"I am the B&B, why?" I sat up a little straight in my chair.

"Have you found anything at all there Kiara?" He said in a suppressed tone.

"I am on it, but what happened you are freaking me out right now," I said dropping the spoon.

"Oh! You're going to freak out just alright when I'll tell you that Nikolai just left for Goldbridge."

My eyes went wide and blood pressure dropped., "What?!!"

"Yes, he was here ten minutes ago and he is just so fucking terrorizing when he puts on that cop tone of interrogation, plus he has a gun."

"YOU told him?"

"You weren't here what choice did I have?"

"You could have said anything Tanner, that I went to visit my grandmother!!"

There was absolute silence on the other side, "Tanner?" I called out, assuming that the connection must have gotten interrupted, "can you hear me?"

"Yeah, yeah I am here, Nikolai is texting me for your address"

I rubbed my forehead and agitation, "how long do you think it'll take him to get here?"

"Well I am assuming he's taking the train so it should take him at least ten hours, but if he's driving himself then maybe six or seven at max"

I took a deep breath, "okay, I will talk to you later then"

I disconnected the line without a word and stood up to come back to my room. I took everything that belonged to Dorian in a bag and huddled it on my shoulder which gave me a pang of pain.

The next thing I did was to call Will, "Hey, meet me at the front?"

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you," I said as I made my way across the garden. I found Will waiting by the iron gates.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"I need the address to Ashford residence."

His eyes went wide, "have you lost your mind, after everything that I told you you still want to go?"

I nodded, "I don't have much time," I said and he caught on.

"What do you mean?" He narrowed his eyes, "my mother was indeed correct, your purpose is not to sell the house"

I cocked my head, "Lucy knew?"

"She had her doubt, she knew you were here for something"