019 ||Defencive||

[Y/n's POV]

[Y/n's POV]

Joel and I ran outside to the beach as fast as we could. I can't believe Cap tried to kill Joel! Was he that jealous? Or did he just think it would be 'fun'?

Joel and I scoped our eyes as quickly as we could looking for Aimee, I might have hated her with all my guts, but she would trust Joel.

"Aimee," Joel called, he made sure to be quiet, Cap couldn't know what we were up to. "Hey, Aimee!" Joel went up to her, shooing the old lady away

"Joel!" She gasped, obviously drunk.

"We have to talk to you," He told her.

"Joel!" She yelled again.

"Oh, my God you are so drunk," Joel whispered.

"Hot, super ripped, super awesome Joely-Joely Dawson!" Aimee slurs, grabbing Joel's cheeks. I agree with the hot part, but ripped? That was questionable.

"This is super important. I need to talk to you about something."

"We have to get everyone out of here, right now," I told her.

"Y/n! Shit-t-y Y---Y/--n!" Aimee hiccuped, clearly more drunk than we thought.

"Okay, we think something bad is about to happen. I'm telling you!" Joel kept begging. "I can feel it, this is a bad vibe,"

"Cap is planning something. He's not here to save you," I kept pushing.

"Who?" Aimee asked

"The Captain, he tried to poison me!" Joel answered.

"Cap. Cap's right there. He's dancing." Aimee pointed behind us. He was dancing with a grandma, gross.

"I hate him. I hate him so much." Joel muttered. "Listen, he gave me these poison berries, okay?" Joel repeated. "And I know that these berries are poison because Y/n and my dog told me,"

"You have a talking dog? I love dogs!" People all around us started dropping on the floor, oh shit. "What does he say? Where is the little fella?" Aimee asked, looking around mindlessly.

"Joel, she's not going to listen. We have to go," I tugged his arm, but he stayed.

"I need your help. Somethings going to happen," He continued to talk to Aimee. "Your colony, they're in danger."

"Joel?" Aimee said. Going soberer.

"What?"

"Joel!" I yelled as he was knocked out by Dana, I was about to punch back, but I got hit hard in the back of my head, everything sounded like I was underwater before I blacked out.

———

I groaned as my eyes opened. It was daytime now. I looked behind me to see that my hands were zip-tied together and I was attached to a large scrap-metal tower.

"Y/n!" I heard from beside me, I recognized Joel's voice.

"Joel!"

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Just peachy," I groaned again. I felt a strong pain in the back of my head. How hard was I punched?

"Good morning," Cap greeted in an evil way. "Y/n, I truly am sorry for the fist in the back of the head, it pained me to see such a beautiful specimen get messed up," Cap commented, walking over to me and caressing my cheek, I didn't know what else to do, so I spat in his face, it hit the side of his nose. He wiped it off with a smirk, but his expression quickly became angered. And he slapped me across the face.

"Don't touch her!" Joel threatened.

"I couldn't have you talking shit about us on the radio. Dana? Take care of it." Cap told her. Dana loaded her hand cannon and shot the radio tower.

There was a series of gasps and 'no!' from the colony. Cap stood up and started walking around the beach.

"So, you probably figured out we were not on a pleasure cruise. My crew and I want to thank you for your generous donations. Food, water, supplies, medicine. We greatly appreciate it. It will see us through to the next helpless colony down the coast." Cap 'thanked'

"He's a food stealer!" A man shouted.

"You're right," Cap agreed. "But it's not that simple. The world is basically devoid of fossil fuels. Not enough to run a yacht on, anyway. So my crew and I had to improvise to survive. We found a really special food source. Actually, Rocko did. Didn't ya, big fella?" Cap cheered for Rocko.

"Yeah, that was me," Rocko beamed.

"Ten tons of pure power, chained to that yacht," Cap clued.

If he wasn't using fossil fuels then he had to be... no.

"You're barbaric!" I shouted.

"Maybe, but it impresses those that live, in fact..." Cap came back over to me, his finger being placed under my chin. My nostrils flared as I looked him dead in the eye. "I might keep you alive," He smirked.

"I said don't touch her!" Joel yelled again. Cap sent a sickening look to Joel.

"I'd rather die," I told him.

"As you wish, Princess," he gave me the up and down. He disgusted me. I hated him with every fibre of my being.

Cap stood up and looked towards the yacht.

"She's sleeping, but she'll be hungry soon," shit.

~~~~~~

Updated on March 31, 2023

I just released a new book! For all you Timothèe Chalamet lovers! Be sure to check it out!