Enemy's to Lovers #1

The pain was unimaginable. I felt the blood seep into the fabric of my dress, darkening the already rich burgundy color. Yet I still ran. My dagger was digging into my thigh the faster I ran but the pinch was years away. I couldn't be caught, I refused to be caught. Not by them.

I felt my ankles burn as I slammed into the arched doorway of his castle, all of my strength draining into my arms as I pushed the stone open. I slipped in once the crack was wide enough, abandoning the thought to close it. No time, there was no time!

I sprinted down the marble hall, hearing the impending footstep of the guards leading to the entrance. A choked sob was wretched from my throat as I tripped, slamming my bloody hands onto the floor. With one glance back to see polished armor pushing the door open with ease, I stumbled into a jog and turned down the next corner I saw. Dark brick and blood red carpets led me to am oak wood door with iron handles.

Without a second thought I slammed them open, sprinting into a dining hall filled with warriors. This kingdoms warriors. My enemy's warriors. There he sat, on his throne of deceit and lies. Our eyes met as I stopped in awe of just how big the hall was. He smirked at me, going to open his mouth before his eyes lowered. The smirked turned into a darkens scowl and he stood. I felt my soul finally catch up to my body and slice into my back, bringing with it the fall of adrenaline and a wave of exhaustion that made me sway.

"I-I didn't know where else to go," I murdered, the silence that befalled the soldiers helping my words to echo into the ceiling. I looked down at my blood soaked forearm, and then up just in time to see him running towards me before my head hit the floor with a crack, sending me into darkness.