Trivia

-Various drafts of the story were created; initially, it was supposed to be set in the season 4-5 continuity before being moved between seasons 5 and 6. The scenes of Gumball and Penny hiding in the Forest of Doom were also supposed to take place in The Void and later on some rooftops in Elmore. Carrie would've also appeared and Darwin would've played a much larger role. Also, the Daisyland excursion was supposed to be a carnival visiting the school (inspired by my experiences at school carnivals) and Gaylord Robinson was also supposed to appear.

-This marks Penny's third major role in the Expanded Universe fanfiction series and her first appearance as the main character, as well as the first Expanded Universe story where Gumball is not the central character.

-This also marks Rob's first appearance in the Expanded Universe.

-This is also the first Expanded Universe story to be set outside the simple seasons 1-2 continuity, not counting the one-shot "The Lunch."

-This story is the first instalment of the Expanded Universe to feature original illustrations as well as outsourced art.

-Gumball gets nauseated by severe motion twice in the story.

-There are at least five times in the story where Penny is crying or has tears in her eyes.

-This was GreenBlackBlue's first collaboration as an illustrator.

-The reasons a lot of ADC members hate Penny reference the show's fandom.

Continuity
-The entire story is a fan-made sequel to season 3 episode 20 "The Shell" and makes a lot of references to that episode.

-The Fitzgerald family's seeming acceptance of Penny being out of her shell implies that this is set aftert season 6 episode 22 "The Transformation."

-Rob's hatred for Gumball and Penny's knowledge of his "role" as Gumball's archenemy implies that the fanfiction set after season 5 episode 25 "The Ex."

-Gumball's lack of memory of the void makes it clear that this fanfiction is set after the first episode of season 5 "The Rerun" and before the series finale "The Inquisition."

-The majority of the plot of season 3 episode 22 "The Bros" is referenced at some point in chapter 1.

-Gumball's opinion on Penny's laugh, and her laugh overall, doesn't appear to follow what happened in season 6 episode 13 "The Pact," implying that either the story is set before that episode or said episode is completely retconned, though the first one could be more likely depending on what you think.

-Darwin's reminder of the fact that Rob was once hiding in their basement stealing stuff from the house is a callback to season 3 episode 36 "The Nobody" while sort of retconning said episode, as I really had a distaste to how harsh and unforgiving Nicole, Richard and Anais were.

-Gumball's recollection of times he and Penny were together calls back to seven episodes at once; season 1 episode 27 "The Date," season 1 episode 34 "The Meddler," season 2 episode 27 "The Storm," season 3 episode 20 "The Shell," season 3 episode 22 "The Bros," season 4 episode 14 "The Romantic" and season 5 episode 18 "The Console."

Cultural References
-The montage at Daisyland is similar to a scene in another fanfiction The Gift by TheThreeHubs.

-The advertisement Dennis uses to force Elmore to search for Penny is a parody of the infamous Grubhub ad.

-Dennis' remark about how powerful his army of beasts is references the title of the song "A Kind of Magic" by Queen.

-Gumball's line "Try spinning, that's a good move" is a spoof of the Anakin's line from Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, with Rob's eye roll mirroring the infamy of the line among the Star Wars fandom.

-The ship that Dennis stole and it's weapons are a parody of starships usually found in the space-opera and science-fiction genres, such as from Star Wars, Star Trek and Flash Gordon.

-The scene were Gumball and Penny slide under the door to the hangar is unintentional homage to the "Open the blast doors!" scene in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.

-Near the end of chapter 9, Gumball briefly mentions the Marvel Comics character Jenifer Walters/She-Hulk, cousin of Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk.

Goofs
-According to one of the first paragraphs in chapter 2, Nicole got to the Rainbow Factory on time without incident. However, Richard apparently took the car first to join the field trip to Daisyland. The explanation could be that either Nicole caught public transport or she sat in the passenger seat next to Richard and took the wheel when he got to Elmore Junior High.

-In the first illustration of chapter 3, Gumball appears to be in his turtleneck sweater, while in the next illustrations, he's correctly in his t-shirt and boxer shorts. This is because I forgot to remind GreenBlackBlue before he continued writing.

-When someone or something enters or exits the Void, none of the characters memories are warped or affected. This is a huge gap in the continuity of the show; whenever someone or something enters the Void, all memory of his/her or it's existence is erased, while all memory of the Void also vanishes upon escaping. Initially I was going to add some memory nonsense throughout, but I thought it would've been too distracting from the overall story.

-Even though chapter 10 states that everyone besides Gumball and Penny are in their nightclothes, Darwin appears to be wearing his usual socks instead of his dragon-feet slippers. I simply forgot to remind GreenBlackBlue about that.