Textbooks and timetables

Howls echoed around the house as I rolled about on the floor clutching my foot. I stand up gingerly and roll my ankle slowly.

"Pissing chair," I snarled before walking over to the door to grab my black converse. Yanking them on, "It's never great when it's new," I mutter to myself. I take one last look at myself before heading out the door. My mum was already out to work, so I wasn't going to be getting a lift today, so I guessed walking was going to have to suffice.

I got to school just in time to get my new timetable at reception. I glanced at the piece of paper and groaned. Maths. First thing. The receptionist looked at me and frowned in bewilderment, "Are you ok?" She asked in an annoyingly cliché American accent.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I sighed. Just fucking fantastic actually. "Where's E20?" The receptionist smiled warmly.

"Oh, wait just a second," she turned to the other window that was facing the main corridor and called someone to the door. "

A pale boy sulked into the office and looked at me through shiny red locks that fell neatly over his face before smiling widely. He wore a green day tee shirt and red skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees.

"Can you please show her to her first class?" The receptionist asked, well, more demanded.

The boy held out his hand. I shook it hesitantly. A handshake, really? Weird kid. "I'm Gerard, but you can call me Gee."

"I'm Emily...nice to meet you,"

Suddenly, he pulled me into a hug, almost crushing the air out of me. So that was his game. He unwrapped his arms and held my shoulders.

"So should we go?"

I only had the breath to nod.