Chapter 1: New School and Confusion

Author's Note: Hi guys! This is my first werewolf story, hope you guys like it! I know, another werewolf story, but I hope you guys like it! Fan, comment, and vote! (:

Chapter One: New School and Confusion

Sophie's Point of View

I woke up sweating under my rumpled blankets and sheets, trying to catch my breath. It was the same dream as many before, except this time I could see his face, yet his eyes remained a mystery. I saw his strong, chiseled jaw and his pouty pink lips. This dream was a little different this time, like it was telling me that something was near. I sat upright and drank the cool glass of water that was on my nightstand. I drank it all in one gulp and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

What does this mean? I thought to myself. The dream was so vivid, so real. It was the same guy and the same place. We were at the beach, the waves were crashing softly on the shore and kids were playing around. This time though, we were no more than five years old. His face always remained blurred, much to my dismay. He was chasing me and then we fell down laughing, and then it all stopped. I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom deciding that a shower would help me cool down. After my shower, I looked at the time and saw that it was 6 in the morning. I sighed to myself and went to my closet to get my clothes for a new day at a new school. I picked out dark-washed boot cut jeans, a cream colored tank top, a pink cardigan, and my plain black ballet flats. One look in the mirror and then I was good to go. I grabbed my bag that was near the foot of my bed and began to walk downstairs to the kitchen. As soon I took a step, I could smell the sweet aroma of mom's freshly baked biscuits, eggs, bacon, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Mom spoils me too much, I thought with a smile. I made my way to the kitchen and greeted my mother with a smile.

"Morning mom," I said. I kissed her cheek and she gave me a plate full of her delicious food.

"Morning darlin'" she said with a slight southern accent. I giggled. Mom was from the deep south, Alabama to be more precise, and even all these years living in the northeast and then moving to South Carolina, hasn't changed her. Dad entered the kitchen a few minutes after I started to eat my breakfast.

"Morning honey, morning Sophie," Dad said cheerfully and gave us both a kiss on the cheek. Mom started humming a song and gave Dad a plate of food as well. I finished my plate and look at the time. It was 6:55. Crap, I'm going to be late! I gulped down my glass of orange juice and grabbed the lunch my mother made for me on the table.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I yelled running outside. I could faintly hear their chuckles as I was running to make the bus.

"Bye Sophie!" They yelled back in unison. They were so creepy like that sometimes, but most of the time, it's sweet. I'm sort of jealous that I might not find love like that someday. I started to jog to the bus stop and made it just in time. The bus stopped right in front of me and then I went to the middle of the bus and sat down. I pulled out my iPod and put on my headphones. Since this was a public city bus, not many people (I would think) at my new school will take it since it's a private school and it's about twenty minutes from here.

Once I pressed the signal to stop at the school, the bus stop and I thanked the bus driver. I walked into campus and found my best friend, Karina.

"Hey Sophie!" she exclaimed excitedly giving me a hug. I hugged her back and gave her a small smile.

"Nervous?" I asked her curiously. We were starting a new school. Both of our fathers worked for the same company and the company moved down to Charlestown, South Carolina, but our fathers decided to move to a small town and make the commute every day.