Anxiety

I see everything that's around me and yet at the same time it's all a blur.

It starts when my fingers slowly begin to shake, until the next thing I know my whole body follows like a domino effect.

My teeth chatter and I notice that I forgot how to breathe.

It's crazy, something we do almost every second of everyday is breathing, and for those horrible moments we forget to do the one thing that helps us live.

Something we have always done without even thinking about it.

There's this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that grows deeper and deeper to the point where it hurts to just be wearing something as thin as underwear.

Panic consumes my brain and it makes me forget how to be mundane.

This illusion in my head, causes me to forget what's real and what is fake. It's like my worst nightmare comes to life and I don't know how to stop it.

My body aches until I'm numb, and then nothing. Food doesn't even seem appealing at times.

These absurd thoughts begin to play throughout my mind causing me to shut down in fear to hope that some prince will come and rescue me.

If you're lucky you'll have someone there to comfort you.

But here's the problem.

Not everyone will show up, anxiety can come out of nowhere.

Just when you think you've gained control again, it comes crawling back the same way an obsessive toxic ex does.

It's jealous that you have moved on, it sees that you are doing well and envies you.

So of course like any toxic thing does, it tries to reel you in again.

To make you suffer.

But we know that we've fought it before.

I know that I've dealt with this before.

So I just have to remind myself who's in control.