Chapter 3

(A/N: YJH's backstoryyy sorry im terrible at thinking of stuff ok bai)

[Yoo Jonghyuk's POV]

I was very lonely child. I had no one to talk to at school and my classmates would intentionally avoid me because of my cold appearance. But I didn't really care.

Because I had 'him'.

He was and will be the only person that had ever liked me for who I am and not for how I looked.

"...You don't think I'm scary?" I snuffled as he took my hand and held it, pulling me over to his arms.

"I think you're very cute." Kim Dokja chuckled.

I stopped crying, his smile was the only thing that entered my vision. And without me knowing, the corners of my lips rose up slightly and formed a smile.

Ever since then, I clung to him like a leech. We'd have lunch together, he'd play with me at recess, and he would even help me make friends with his friend group.

I was thankful for that but, I didn't really need anyone else. As long as I had him by my side, I'd be satisfied.

As time passed, I grew more and more obsessive towards him. I'd wake up in the morning and he'd be the first person to run through my mind.

So he suddenly disappeared from my life, I lost my purpose.

It was after the last period of school. I was about to go back home but stopped in my tracks after I heard him call out to me.

"Let's go home together!" Kim Dokja called out to me and smiled as he ran over and hugged me from behind.

Smiles had always been my weakness and his was the prettiest of them all.

"What's wrong? Is something bothering you?"

I blushed a little and covered my face with my hands as I turned my head to avoid his gaze.

Kim Dokja was the only person that had genuinely worried for me. He'd always been the only one to comfort me during my worst.

I was thankful to have met him. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be the person I was today. I'd still be locked up in my room like a caged bird waiting for someone to free him from the chains of loneliness.

Kim Dokja noticed the subtle smile on my face.

"Did something good happen? I don't usually get to see you smile."
He chuckled as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Have you finally accepted your new parents?" He asked as he looked at me, patiently waiting for my answer.

"I guess."

I wasn't really lying. I was happy that my adoptive parents were really nice. But the reason I was in a good mood today was because I got to see him.

We didn't really get to see each other that often since he was in another class. But when we did, he'd usually spend most of his free time with me.

"Are you gonna be free this weekend? Do you want to hangout?" He asked me and smiled. His voice so soft and gentle it could melt my soul.

"Sure." I agreed and smiled back at him.

I wasn't actually free that weekend but I'd always prioritize him over everything.

He and I laughed not knowing that was the last time we'd ever see each other for a long time.

...

It was a rainy day. I wasn't sure if he would actually come to hangout. So I got bored and tiredly turned on the TV.

My tiredness completely disappeared from the scene that was playing on TV.

A car accident had happened somewhere near his house. I hurriedly called him to check if he was okay but I dropped my phone after seeing the name on the television.

Kim Dokja.

I quickly ran over to his place not caring at all if it was raining. I slipped a couple of times on the way but I didn't give a shit. If he disappeared from my life, I didn't know what I'd do.

I arrived at his house and there it was. The crashed car was burning and there were people surrounding it. He was already taken to the hospital

I ran quickly, the quickest that I had ever run in my entire life.

All the people looked at me with concerned looks as I came inside the hospital with my clothes wet from the pouring rain. I didn't care and ran over to where Kim Dokja was being taken.

I wasn't let through though. I asked how long it was going to take and if he was going to be fine and they said they weren't sure yet so I could only go go home, wait and hope for the best.

I tossed and turned in bed as I dreamt of Kim Dokja leaving me. I wasn't one to believe in dreams but the thought of him leaving me all alone hurts me to even think of it. I was so used to seeing him every single day that even a day without him would make me feel depressed.

A week passed after Kim Dokja was admitted to the hospital and I was finally allowed to see him but what greeted me after seeing him wasn't the usual 'Jonghyuk!'

I came in and saw that he was asleep, his head had been wrapped with bandages. I couldn't bear to see the sight.

I came closer and caressed his cheek. I didn't want to disturb him so I left leaving him with flowers and gifts that I had bought for him.

I didn't know that it would be was the last time I'd see him for several years.

I came to visit him again the next day and was surprised to see the empty hospital bed. He was apparently transferred to another hospital. I texted him to ask where he was transferred to but he hasn't been reading my texts ever since he got in an accident.

I wanted to cry. This had been the longest time I've spent without seeing him.

Several years pass by in a blink of an eye and I was already in my freshman year of highschool.

I still haven't forgotten him. Sometimes I wonder if I would be able to meet him again. So that this time, I won't let go. I'd keep him by my side for life.

But during the entrance ceremony, I saw a familiar figure pass by me and we locked eyes with each other.

...

'Kim Dokja?'