Chapter 12 - Jak and Daxter

I've stopped being afraid when I've found myself floating in darkness. I'm not even bothered anymore. Of course, I wish it would continue cause I'm trying to figure out which game this is, but I could skip. I have a little time, but let's not waste it, right?

"Whoa!" I screamed as I saw the purple glowing dots flying right at me, leaving a trail of light behind. I float aside, and then the voice started.

"I have spent my life searching for the answers that my father, and my father's fathers failed to find." The voice said, his voice sounded old and creaky, but I couldn't place it, nor saw a character saying it. "Who are the precursors?" He continued as it eased to one strand of purple, flying around aimlessly with nowhere to go.

"Precursors?" I muttered as the light floated right past me, and I stared at it in awe. Even though it looked dangerous, it looked pretty and gentle…

"Why did they create the vast monolifs that littered our planet?" He kept going on and on, but okay, monolifs? He had to be making that up, or they were some sort of creature I didn't know about.

"What the Hell's a monolif?" I asked, be he ignored my question and kept going.

"How did they harvest eco, the life energy of the world? What was their purpose, and why did they vanish?"

"If I knew the answer to any of those, I would tell you!" I exclaimed to the space, hoping he could hear me.

"I have asked the plants, but they do not remember. The plants have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall." He paused for a moment, and I was about to speak, but his voice changed dramatically. "Even the rocks do not recall."

In my head I kept thinking he was crazy, talking about rocks and plants, but it was a game, one I didn't know, no matter how much it went through my head. I couldn't place it, but soon I started to see a scene, and the animation was better than Animal Crossing, which was happily celebrated, but it wasn't any better than Ratchet. Actually, the animation did look a lot like Ratchet, but I would've recognized it by now.

"Every bone in my body tells me that the answers rest on the shoulders of a young boy." And the scene formed, and they were on an island, but it couldn't have been Kingdom Hearts. No, they showed the boy, and he had tall yellow hair that spiked straight up, ears like an elf, kinda short, just resting there on a boat by the island. There was no way he was human. "Oblivious to his destiny, uninterested in the search for truth, and rejecting of my guidance. And why would he want to listen old Samas the Sage anyway? I'm only the master of greed and gold, one of the wisest men on the planet." He finally finished, getting the voices of the characters in.

There were two boys on the boat, the yellow haired elf looking boy and another that looked similar, only with red hair and playing immaturely. Of course the red haired boy fell in the water, so elf boy had to come drag him up, launching them both back onto the boat. They started laughing as I groaned because the narrator continued on.

"So it seems the answer begins not with careful research, or sensible thinking. As with many of fates mysteries, it begins with but a small act of disobedience." He stopped, and I crossed my fingers, hoping he finished. He did… for now.

The elves now landed on a different island, one I haven't seen yet, but they jumped off the boat and onto shore. "Hey, uh, Jak." The red haired elf boy started, running over to where the yellow haired boy was. "Old green stuff told us not to come here."

Jak! That was his name! But I knew now, exactly which game this was. If Jak says the other person's name, and it's what I think it is, I'm sure I'll be one hundred percent right. If it's what I thought it was, then it had to be…

Jak and Daxter.

And suddenly I was on the ground. I stood up quickly, trying to find my way to them, but keeping my hand on the remote just in case anything wanted to play something funny. It was Jak and Daxter! Although, Daxter wasn't the weird furry creature he was in the other games, so this had to be the first. I wasn't sure, I never really played them, but it was Jak. I knew it enough to know a little bit of the storyline. However, it really wasn't that much…

I found them anyway, back behind some rocks, staring at something. I made my way over to them, sneaking up behind and hoping they don't notice me. This game had a specific storyline it had to follow. sure, I messed up some before this one, but I decided to leave this one alone. I just hoped they wouldn't see me…

I crept my way around the rock to see what they were looking at, and I had an inner freak out as I saw these big, evil looking monsters with huge arms and crooked yellow eyes. The creatures were all staring at a wall of some sort and watching the appearance of purple dust. Different creatures that looked like red fairies were the side effect, popping out and making their grand entrance.

"No way…" I muttered as I got a slight bit closer to hear what the male fairy was saying.

"Continue your search for artifacts of eco." He ordered them, sounding old and frail, his voice shaky and barely understandable. "If the locals possess the three cursor items, you know what to do." He continued as the other fairy, who looked way younger and female, looked over at him for a second and went back, speaking to stop him.

"Deal harshly with anyone who strays from the village." She ordered, her voice sounding as evil as any other villain in any other game. "We will attack it!" She said, raising her fist high in the air confidently. "In due time."

Jak and Daxter shared a worried look with each other before cowering behind the rock they were watching from, and the other creatures looked over, but didn't move. I didn't either until they went back to their meeting, and I followed Jak and Daxter to wherever they were going.

"What are we doing here anyway, Jak? This place gives me the creeps!" Daxter whined as they walked to an area with red-ish sand and a dark blue circle in the middle of it, stretching farther than most normal rooms. Daxter was too busy getting scared that he tripped clumsily, making me cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing. Jak looked behind him too and laughed, but Daxter shot him a look and figured out what he tripped over. "Oh, stupid precursor junk!" Daxter complained as he picked up the small statue looking thing. They both approached the dark blue liquid mass in the center of the room, which had the purple lines of light flying a couple inches above it. "Eek! What is that dark ooze?" Daxter asked, stretching the last word and tilting his head confusingly. "It sure doesn't look friendly." He blew some dust off of the statue thing before continuing his rambling. "The Sage yaps on about the precursors that built this place all the time!" And then he started his impression of him, and even I couldn't understand it.

"Shut up, Daxter." I muttered as he threw the statue aside him carelessly, and Jak caught it. Once Jak had his hands on it, the statue lighted into a bright red, and Jak's face was pricelessly surprised. And then Daxter finally noticed.

"Wow! How did you do that?" He asked as he scurried over to him. Jak shook his head as one of the red creature things were standing right behind them, and Jak and Daxter backed up cowardly. "Jak, I think we're in trouble!" He screamed, pointing at it. I hid behind one of the pillars as it approached them. The creature screamed and held his weapon in the air, but Jak looked down at the statue and threw it at him, and the creature dissolved into the purple glowing lights. The shockwave made Jak bump into Daxter behind him, sending him falling into the dark blue mass of ooze. Jak looked over the blueness, but it spit a little orange rodent thing back out, sending it flying onto the sand.

That's the Daxter I remember.

"Man, that stung!" The rodent exclaimed as it sat up spastically. "I told you we shouldn't have come here, and you listened!" Daxter yelled as he approached Jak, who was on his knees, looking at him. Daxter was now only two feet tall or something ridiculous. "What?" He whined as Jak just stared at him in amazement and shock. Daxter finally saw one of his paws, a red furry, four-toed paw, and his eyes grew huge.

As soon as I heard him scream, I covered my ears and hit the eject button on the remote. He would go into a whole tantrum about it, blaming him, and I'd really like to not stick around for that. So just like that, I was out of Jak and Daxter.