Chapter 11 - Animal Crossing

I blinked my eyes open, and I instantly felt short. I start looking around, and everything is short, from the perfectly shaped trees, to the small shacks that looked like houses, but it was seriously downsized. The only house that actually looked like something you could live in was the one behind me, with two stories and a flag pole next to it. The animation was so cartoonish that when I looked down at my hands, they were shaped like little Caucasian balls attached to arms. I go further and I'm wearing a dress. A dress!

"Hell no!" I exclaimed as I ran into the house, not caring who's it was. I see the lights are off, but faint figures of pink and purple. "Oh crap…" I muttered as I found a lamp, turning it on. I knew what this was. I ran over to the mirror in the far corner, and yes, I was a little short kid with huge cartoon eyes and the body no normal person would have. But I had to run around and make sure.

I exited, and started running up to some of the houses to see if anyone was home. Some had signs like "I'm out" and "Not home" and crap like that, but eventually I entered a house, and I laughed when I saw what was inside. There was a pink squirrel walking around the house, but I went up to introduce myself, although I already met her.

"Hi!" I exclaimed as she turned towards me, showing her buck teeth.

"Oh, are you new? I haven't seen you before." She said, but continued. "I'm Peanut."

"Nice to meet you." I said, but I had much to do, places to go, people to meet, stuff like that. That's what you do in this game.

Animal Crossing.

I left the squirrel, running around the town that really needed to get rid of all the weeds and plant more trees. I ran up to a store, and went inside, even though I knew who was going to greet me.

"Welcome!" Tom Nook, the brown raccoon, greeted me. "Please, do take a look around!"

"I do every time I play this game." I muttered as I started examining the aisles, and of course, he turned all stalker and started following me. I hate this game a little because of it, but I hated Resetti way more. He was an evil gopher that would appear and waste time for ten minutes if you didn't take thirty seconds to save your game. I didn't know how many bells I had, but I just ran to the second floor to see what furniture they had.

And of course, I was greeted by more Tom Nooks, just smaller, had different names, and were his nephews.

"Hi!" Timmy greeted spastically, standing in front of me, and then joined by his twin. "Welcome to the furniture part of the store! Take a look around!" They said in unison, making me a little uncomfortable. Of course they stalked me around the store too, but it got annoying when they didn't stop.

"Could you please just stop!?" I asked them rudely, but they just stared up at me with their big eyes, looking so innocent they almost got away with it. I gave up and ran back to the stairs, running down without them following me. But the stalking continued back with Tom Nook, so I ran out of there before I hit someone. Although in Animal Crossing, you're not allowed to… damn it.

I ran out of there, practically running into a blue cat while I did so. I didn't know what time it was, but I decided to make myself friendly anyway.

"Hi!" I greeted as she turned towards me, her huge sparkling eyes almost blinding.

"Hi!" She greeted back. "I'm Rosie, you new?"

"Yeah, uh, sorta…" I answered awkwardly.

"Oh that's fine. Welcome to town!" She exclaimed, and then she went on to random subjects I didn't really know anything about. She asked me about fish, bugs, town people, but I just gave up.

"You know, I got stuff to do, so I'm gonna go do it." I said as she just stared at me blankly but walked away unaffected. I shook my head and ran off, finding what else I could do.

I had to go to the very back left corner of town, but I found a little clothing shop. I entered and was greeted by two hedgehogs, but I couldn't remember the names…

"Hi, welcome to Able's clothing!" The blue and white one greeted as I went in deeper, although it really wasn't that big.

"Ah, Mable and Sable…" I muttered, remembering. I went around, looking at the very limited clothing they had. It was pretty sad actually, only three shirts, a hat, a pair of glasses and an umbrella, all different each day. But they seemed content with how they were, so I left with a smile on my face.

I ran around some more, finding that fishing and catching bugs was actually somewhat entertaining, even though it was time consuming. I caught some bugs and fish, sold them, made some bells, and soon I was rich… at least for Animal Crossing.

"I gotta hit the City." I said to myself as I got on the bus walkway and waited for it. It showed up about five seconds later, just because I was the only one there and it usually waited for whoever wanted to ride it. I boarded, and was greeted by the bus driver whose name was Kapp'n. I just sat down on the bus seat awkwardly as he drove me, trying to talk to me even though I stayed silent. But when I hit the city, I got off the bus and stared in awe.

There were buildings lining the outside, and so many animals walking on the stone path, going into shops and everything. I hit the hair salon and got my hair done differently, and the poodle was very nice, although I would be too if I was given money. I left, satisfied with myself, and went into the other shops, running around and dropping my jaw at every outrageous price.

But it was nothing compared to LaBelle's.

LaBelle was a sister of the Able's, and she had the most outrageous priced crap ever. I mean, I guess if it was cute, but it was pretty bad. I don't know if it was just my opinion or they had to be so high cause they never got business, but I left empty handed, this time dissatisfied with them. But I guess I could find some more shops…

I ran around to the Animal Crossing version of the black market ran by Redd the fox. He says it's always crazy for his prices, but really most of the stuff was forgeries so there was no point. But I humored him and laughed along with his tantrums, but eventually left.

"I think I'm gonna head back to town…" I said as I got back to the bus path and waited. Once it came, I got on, and went back to the town.

I stood by the river fishing, waiting for something spectacular to happen. I guess it was just a habit with all the games I could go into, but I had to remember Animal Crossing was kinda like Sims, but there were no jobs or marriage and crap. It was the E version, considering Sims was T.

But like Sims, I got bored easily.

"Well, it can't be that late, can it?" I reasoned as I put my fishing pole back into my pocket and brought out my remote that somehow did the same thing. I've been here long enough, so I pressed next and pixilated, and I was out of Animal Crossing, traveling to whatever was next.