xxxiv.

Luna was right. For about three days, aside from the winners of the different sports during the Olympics, their adorable interaction after the Men's Free Skate has been one of the most viewed headlines yet. After all, who wouldn't be invested in the love story between the two most prominent athletes in the sport of figure skating, right? However, the love story the people are witnessing is just the tip of the iceberg; an iceberg on the verge of completely melting and vanishing. 

"Hey! You okay there? You've been spacing out a lot lately." Coach Brian said to the woman in front of him. Luna was taken out of her trance and wipes the corner of her lips after she gulped down her water. 

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. Just a bit nervous, I guess?" Luna replied, not faltering so as not to alarm her already worried uncle. She put down her bottle and reaches for a piece of tissue. 

"You sure? How about your knee? Is it hurting?" Brian questions. Luna just sighs deeply.

"Uncle honestly, you've been asking that since we started practice. Look," Luna said as she skated away from him and did a few simple jumps before going back, "I'm good. It's not hurting or anything. It feels good as new, really." Luna assured her uncle who just shot her a suspicious look. After a few seconds of an intense staring competition, Brian blinked first and groaned. 

"Fine. I trust you, okay? You know your body the most and I'm just here to guide you. Now go and let's have a final run-through of your short program for tomorrow."

Luna smiled at her uncle before leaning in for a quick hug which surprised Brian. "Thank you, Uncle. For everything." She whispered before skating away to get ready for her last run. It took a few seconds for Brian to register what his niece just did before looking down at the floor, smiling to himself. 

"She loves you the most, you know that?" A voice said, making Brian raise his head. 

"Oh, Sky. There you are. Where have you been?" 

Sky raised his hand which was holding a tray of 4 cups of coffee. "You know how our queen cannot live without her favorite drink, right? We'll get our heads cut off." Sky chuckled, making his Uncle laugh lightly as well. As their waves of laughter die down, they pay attention to Luna who was warming up a few of her jumps and spins. 

"She'll be okay, Uncle. You don't have to worry so much. I can see your eyes tremble, you know." Sky asked with a low voice. 

"I know... but it's just that... I can't help but think it's partly my fault. I should've known. Next to Yuzuru, I spent the most time training with her. Hell, I'm her coach. Her uncle. And yet... It's like I haven't paid attention to her health. I was selfish." Brian whispered with his voice shaking as looked down at his feet again, trying to stop the tears from falling. 

Sky heaved a sigh. "When I first knew, I had the same thoughts. I started to blame myself. After all, the reason I wanted to become a doctor is because of her. To take care of her so that she never has to go through what happened years ago. But look where we are right now, Uncle."

Sky placed a hand on his Uncle's shoulder and continued. "You know before we left for Pyeongchang, we had a serious conversation. She was worried about everyone." Upon hearing this, Brian's head shot up, and looked at his nephew, his eyes widened as if saying to continue. "She never once mentioned about herself. Luna... she doesn't want anyone to think it's their fault that she's in this situation. She told me that once she's... once she leaves, she doesn't want anyone to blame themselves for not knowing. So Uncle, as her brother, I'm telling you this right now. Don't blame yourself for anything. If she knew you were thinking about it, she'd just be terribly sad. Do you want her to... to leave with a heavy heart?"