Witches

"Well, at least we know the fire alarm works." Amy said, lowering the broom, as she looked down at the green puddle on the floor, the room still wet and dripping
"who'd have guessed that witches really do melt." Terry glanced over Amy's  shoulder from atop the kitchen counter. "How did she drink you suppose?" He asked, climbing down and examining the puddle from up close."Or is it only her outside that is sensitive?"
"Terry! Don't smell it!" Amy cried out shoving him back with the broom handle.
" If we were to expose the witch puddle to the sun would she somehow un-hydrate and turn back into a witch? Or do you think the reaction is irreversible?"
Amy shrugged unknowingly."It's night anyways."

The lights went out.

The puddle started bubbling.

...

"Is it just me, or is it glowing?" Terry whispered.
"I was hoping the weirdness was over," Amy groaned.
But the puddle continued to bubble and boil, until the bubbles didn't go all the way back down, but started building on top of each other to start forming a mound.
"GhaAHAHgAHah!!" Terry yelled0, jumping back in horror. "What do I do Amy? What do I do!?"
"Scatter it!" Amy ordered, whacking the witch puddle with her broom as Terry hopped around the room in panic. "Get some more water!"
"The power is out, there isn't any water in the taps!" Terry frantically turned all the taps and tried moving some puddles, left over from the fire alarm, closer to the omnious green-witch-water.
"Ice!" Amy yelled suddenly. "We've still got some ice! Here, I'll sweep her closer to the freezer. NOW!"
Terry up ended two ice rays over the green gooey witch puddle. The sizzling, relentless boiling stopped and the green water froze...
There was a pause as they examined the frozen-green-puddle.

"She probably had to drink through a straw." Terry remarked, as if nothing ad just happened. " And only hot drinks.