Chapter Three: Blake Wolfe

“Bran… Brandy wake up.” I heard Blake’s deep voice whisper in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes to the brightly lit hospital room. “Sleep well?” Blake asked as he moved my bangs out of my face. I smiled as his finger tips ran down my cheek.

“Yea, but what time is it?” I asked, finally noticing that it was Friday.

“Um, I’m guessing around seven am.” Blake said with a yawn. I grabbed my phone out of my jean pocket and looked at the time.

“Seven am, right on the dot.” I smiled at him and typed Taylor’s number in to call her.

“Hey Bran.” Taylor said through the phone.

“Hey, where are you? Have you left home yet?” I asked her.

“No, I haven’t left yet. Why, do you need something?” Taylor asked.

“Yeah, can you pick me up from the hospital?” I asked her sweetly.

“Sure. Wait, you’re still with Blake?” Taylor asked shocked. I smiled as I felt Blake find my hand and interlaced our fingers together.

“Yes Tay, I’m still with Blake.” I said as I smiled at him. Blake smiled back as his free hand caressed my face.

“Brandy! Hello, earth to Brandy!” Taylor yelled through the phone.

“Yes?”

“Did you hear anything I just told you?” Taylor asked with a sigh.

“No I didn’t, sorry.” I said sweetly. “What did you say?” I added on.

“I said, do you need anything from your house?” Taylor told me.

“Oh, um no I have extra clothes in the locker room.” I told Taylor as I inched closer to Blake for his warmth, which he seemed to always have.

“Okay, I’ll text you when I get there.” Taylor said.

“Alright, thank you Tay.” I smiled.

“You’re welcome, See you soon. Bye.” Taylor said happily.

“Alright, bye girl.” I smiled as I ended the call.

“Is she coming for you?” Blake asked me. I smiled as I touched his tan face.

“Yes she is.” I said with a smile as Blake grabbed my hand and kissed it. “How are you feeling this morning?” I asked as I looked down at his right leg. I felt Blake take a deep breath underneath me.

“Um, it hurts still, but it feels better than yesterday.” Blake said with his eyes closed.

“I’m sorry, Blake.” I said as I looked at his tan face. He opened his eyes and he smiled at me.

“Don’t be, you didn’t do it to me.” Blake told me as he leaned over and kissed my nose. I took a deep breath and took in his scent of ocean, chlorine, and soap. It woke me, Blake woke me, everyday.

“Do you want me to come back later after school?” I asked him as I looked back up at him.

“No, Bran, go have fun at the game and cheer on James for me and tell Taylor good luck on the dance solo.” Blake told me with a sigh as we felt my phone go off. I grabbed it and opened Taylor’s text message telling me she was her.

“Is that Tay?” Blake asked. I nodded and stood from the bed. I smiled down at Blake.

“Thanks for last night.” Blake said with a smile. I smiled as I leaned down and kissed his cheek.

“You’re welcome. I’ll see you later.” I smiled as I walked out the door. I smiled as I heard Blake say bye as I stepped out the door.

“What the hell happened last night?” Taylor asked me as I got into her car.

“I just stayed the night with Blake in the hospital, that’s it.” I said with a smile as she drove towards school.

“Tell me what HAPPENED though.” Taylor said putting air quotes around ‘happened’ as we sat a red light.

“Okay, well he asked me to lay with him, so I did, and then we talked, and he held my head and that’s it!”  I told her as she pulled into school.

“Right like that’s it. There has to be more, it’s freaking Blake Wolfe for crying out loud Brandy.” Taylor said as we walk into the school. I shook my head and smiled at her.

I sat in my fifth period math class thinking about Blake, and yearning for him to touch me again, I needed to see him. I smiled as the bell rang letting everyone know that fifth period was over. I smiled and ran over to Taylor and James.

“Hey I have an idea.” I smiled as I jumped up and down in front of them.

“What is it Bran?” James asked me as Taylor laughed at me.

“We should take Blake some lunch.” I smiled as James and Taylor nodded in agreement.

“Hey Blake, how you feeling?” James asked as we walked into his hospital room, with his lunch.

“I’m feeling a little better.” Blake said with a small smile.

“We brought you something.” Taylor said with a smile as I held out a Wendy’s take out bag with a smile.

“Sweet, I’m so tired of this hospital food.” Blake said with a smile as I handed him the bag.

“We just wanted to stop by and say hey and give you something to smile about.” James said they fist bumped. Blake looked over at me and smiled that smirk of a smile.

“Brandy! Why are you hanging out with Blake Wolfe?” West asked with malice dripping from every word.

“Um, he’s my friend, West.” I said as I walked toward my seventh period class.

“He’s a freak! I don’t want my girlfriend to be friends with a guy like that!” West yelled at me as he grabbed my wrist in a tight grip.

“Your GIRLFRIEND?! When did I become your girlfriend?!” I yelled at West and tore my wrist from his grip, he tends to piss me off a lot. Everyone thinks we would be the perfect couple, but I hate West, he gets on my nerves. Wesley acts more like a total child all the time and I hate people who act like that. Yes, sometimes I put up with it, but only because I have learned over the years to do so.

“Yes, we’ve been going out since Friday.” West said with a stupid smile.

“Are you kidding me?! You didn’t even ask me out!” I told him as a crowd began to form around us. “And Blake isn’t a freak, he’s the nicest person anyone will ever meet, and if we are ‘going out’, well we are so OVER!” I told him as I made my way through the crowd and to my seventh period class.