- Dustmare - Sleepy boy

Outside there was an on going thunderstorm and Dust was walking around the castle, not really knowing what to do. Killer was out with Cross for a "mission" in the grocery store. Nightmare was closed in his room and was probably reading some books or such things and Horror went in his AU to check on his brother...
For some seconds Dust thought about how good it could've been to still have a caring and sweet brother, but then he signed and continued to walk.

He arrived in the living room on the first floor. He didn't even remember how many stairs he had to walk through to arrive in that room, but now that he was there he was too lazy to go in his room on the third floor and decided to sit on the couch.

He looked at the main door, an enormous black thing, which was the only way to access or leave the castle. He thought sooner or later someone would enter in that creepy place. Maybe if Cross and Killer returned he could watch Killer pranking Nightmare or maybe help Cross putting the groceries away... instead if Horror came they could've talked or just played some card games like they usually did when thunderstorms ruined their days.

"Horror is a pretty chill guy after all..." Dust mumbled without noticing

"I would rather say he's a troublemaker than just a chill guy" A voice answered in a pretty frustrated way.

Dust turned around and saw Nightmare. He was confused... Wasn't Nightmare locked in his room?
But hen he simply thought 'Oh well, I was bored anyways'...

"It depends, but yeah... He's a chill troublemaker"

"Whatever" Nightmare answered while going beside one of the windows and starting to look outside.

Now Dust was even more confused, Nightmare never answer 'whatever', unless something is bothering him. A lighting seemed to color the view outside with white and with that he decided to stand up and go beside his Boss.

"...Is everything ok?"

It was a very dangerous question to ask Nightmare, but Dust was ready to face the consequences. He always had a soft spot for his Boss, and right now he couldn't handle to see him like that.

Nightmare turned around. They were dangerously close and the lightings out of the window covered their faces with a bright light every once in a while.

"You don't really care, you're just bored"

Dust felt a bit sad about that statement, but he also noticed the black circles around Nightmare's eyes. With all that goop it was hard to tell before, but now thanks to the closeness and the lightings Dust could notice how tired and sleepy Nightmare looked.

"Boss you know I do care... And..." He hesitated, but then he felt like he had to ask "When was the last time you slept?"

Nightmare's eyes widened, he didn't expect such a question from Dust. A thunder filled the silence there was between them.
They both seemed really lost in their thoughts.

Dust was kinda regretting asking that question and Nightmare was just really surprised about how brave Dust's actions were that day, so he started to ask himself why was Dust caring about him.

Dust was still thinking deeply, but without noticing he talked out loudly: "He looks really sleepy... It's kinda cute to be honest".
That thought slipped out of Dust's mouth like if he couldn't control it. He put an hand on his mouth and gulped, blushing a lot. He thought Nightmare was about to yell and get angry... but strangely Nightmare blushed aswell...

Dust never saw his Boss blushing, it was the first time and in his opinion it made him look even cuter.
Nightmare was very very confused, he wasn't supposed to blush in front of Dust. He wasn't supposed to blush at all. And since when people thought he was cute? No one ever said such thing about him.

Dust smiled a bit and noticed Nightmare was struggling, lost in his mind, so he had enough confidence to do the most courageous thing in his whole life.

He hugged Nightmare.

Dust knew how hard it was for his Boss to keep his feelings hid and how difficult it was to hide the fact he can sense others emotions, so he thought he probably was the cause of all Nightmare's stress.
Nightmare widened his eyes again and froze in place. Another lighting, followed by a thunder filled the air as he looked at Dust, who was just smiling and hugging him; without meaning any kind of harm.

It was a strange feeling... It was sweet... Was he the one who was feeling it... Or was it Dust?... Both of them? Nightmare really couldn't tell what was going on and couldn't focus on it at all because of how tired he was.

Before in his room he was trying to sleep, but the storm kept him awake; but now he felt like there weren't sounds anymore. There was just him, Dust and the sweet feeling.

He didn't like hugs and wanted to push Dust away, but he decided to just take a deep breath and hug Dust back.

Another thunder.

Dust was already surprised Nightmare hugged him back that when he realized Nightmare shaked a bit everytime there was a thunder he didn't understand if that was Nightmare or an impostor anymore. He never saw such a soft part of him.

After a while Dust felt like Nightmare let him go from the hug, so he tried to move, but then, thanks to a lighting, he saw Nightmare's face and saw he fell asleep.
He probably felt so safe he could finally fall asleep and rest.

Of course Dust wasn't able to take Nightmare upstairs in his room, but they were close enough to the couch.
He softly took Nightmare, and slowly walked beside the couch, then he gently put him on it. There was also a blanket on the little table in front of them, so Dust covered him, to make sure he felt warm enough.

Even if Dust wanted to leave Nightmare alone, to not bother him, something made him feel like he didn't have to leave at all, so he just sat beside his 'Boss' and looked at him smiling and blushing a bit.