The Beast Within the Beauty: Ch.13 Agenda

                                                               Chapter 13: Agenda

                                                    Copyright © 2015 Nina Deviine

Recap:

         “We’re calling reinforcements then,” Dane informed us, without consulting me. I grinded my teeth, glad I didn’t give up all the information I had. We had to have words about him making decisions without my input.

         He gave me an uneasy look, knowing he made a mistake, but not retracting his statement either. I nodded wordlessly, but Jayden’s shuffling form caught my attention.

         I walked across the room from them all, and crouched by his ear.

         “Follow me outside. We’re going to have a little talk,” his obsidian eyes bore into me.

         “Understood.”

__________________________

         “I didn’t know the charred could shape-shift,” I calmly observed, as Jayden cracked his neck. His lip curled upwards, as I threw boxers at him.

         “Dress yourself at least, we don’t need you being arrested for indecent exposure.”

         He laughed, shrugging into his boxers, it’s not like he had much to show, the Charred were amorphous androgynous beings. He was a guy now, but he could very well be a girl later. The skin was the only thing that gave him away, the one thing he couldn’t change.

         “I’m surprised Jones picked you, you seem far too poised on the edge of crazy and sane”

         “A matter of time before I tip the other way. Is that what you’re afraid of Alpha?”

         “Very much so.”

         “Relax in that case. Jones isn’t going to approach you for a while.”

         “Did he tell you to tell me that then?”

         Jayden smirked, approaching me, and with one fine claw tracing my jaw line.

         “I don’t know what Jones saw in you.”

         “That makes the two of us.”

         “Did you ever think that maybe he wants your power for himself?”

         “You know very well that my power cannot be harnassed.”

         “Because you don’t own it,” he stated, retracting his claw and with his scaley finger touching my lips.

         “How did you do it all these years? She’s a powerful being to control.”

         “A good magician never reveals her secrets. How do you know about Abigail anyway?”

         “Common ancestry you could say. Netherworld and the Underworld were once one, before the Fury of Flames was born. Lycan’s never liked her as the queen, did they?”