Game On

The sounds of footsteps echoed throughout the Pizzeria.

It wasn't just the loud, thumping sounds of the animatronics moving either, but of lighter movement. Slow, observant steps that rotated the rooms, searching in the dark of the building to find his prey.

Each time the imposter would enter another room, he'd shut the door firmly behind him. Therefore, if his prize really was in the area, it couldn't sneak by without him possibly knowing. He would linger, tiny whites of his eyes darting in the dark, scanning every possibility and weighing the odds.

As small as the rooms were, there were plenty of places to hide. A factor Benjamin didn't mind, of course. It only made the game much more exciting.

His target must be moving, he figured, otherwise the game would have ended long before now. He's checked all the points the poor nightwatch could hope to fit into. Whether it was under the tables, behind the counter, backstage and even the vents, the pale of green and tuff of hair was no where to be seen.

Alot of time has passed, and for a while Benjamin feared the odds were against his favor. Then he'd feel Mike stir, and the sense of fear that lingered in the room and grin. He was getting closer.

For some reason, the animatronics disregarded his appearances, or even left the room when they saw him coming. It was unsure as to why they suddenly deemed him as not a threat or excused him of the rules, but it was clear that the man who wore the day shift's guard's face was someone the robots did not want to interact with that night.

Chirp was just crawling out of the vents as a red stained cap came into view. Though normally she would have been aggressive, following protocol and working to tear the guard from limb to limb, she only paused at the man, one foot easing back into the vent's entrance as if she was the one who needed escape.

Benjamin smiled, an uncharacteristic motion on Mike's face. "Eavesdropping, are we?"

The toy didn't response, holding her silence and gaze with the imposter. Benjamin tilted his head at the lack of answer, raising his hands. He was unarmed. "It's rude to spy on other, darling." He chuckled. "Mechanical or not, I expected better of you"

A gear whirred inside Chirp, a simulation running that she wasn't aware she even had installed. What would the humans call it? Fear?

"Not much of a talker anymore, are you?" Benjamin commented, straightening his tie. "Though, I suppose the entire population of the Pizzeria know about my little game now, hmm?"

Without her beak, it was near impossible to conduct facial expressions. But even so, the dim light hit her plastic in such a way it showed anxiety, just waiting for him to make the first move.

It was Mike's body, she remembers, and on any other occasion she wouldn't of hesitated to stuff him. The thought crossed her once, that she shouldn't be worried of The Purple Man. He had wronged the old animatronics, not her. Not the toys. It wouldn't matter to them if she had let him win, kill the host and release the bastard once more. She would have completed her purpose, after all.

But there's a loud ringing noise in her head. Memories that don't belong to her contain a phone and a message; a will to protect the two victims Benjamin seeks to claim. The other animatronics spoke of the same glitch, a golden tint flashing behind their eyes. So tonight, they're all going to make an exception.

Benjamin frowned as Chirp remained silent, turning away from the chicken. "If you happen to find him first, be sure to leave his last breath for me" A sinister grumble rose from his chest, amused. "Wouldn't want to forfeit, would we now?"

He gave a calm wave and left the room, the sound of his footsteps fading as he walked. Chirp glared holes into his retreating back before turning on her heel, giving a shallow glance towards the merry-go-round.