27

p.s.: sorry i didn't specify this earlier but the sentences in italics are the voices in the minds of the characters (the things their minds are telling them) whereas when a word is in italics in the middle of a normally written out sentence, it is for stressing that particular word.

also, for what a person is thinking (not what his mind is telling him but what he himself is thinking), i would use sentences in italics with single inverted commas (') while for dialogues, i'll be using double inverted commas (").

"SEUNGMIN!" yelled jisung, calling out for his brother. "jisung, calm down," chan walked towards the boy, stroking his back.

soon, seungmin came running down the stairs to see his parents with jisung. he gulped at the strange silence as he walked closer to the three males.

"you didn't tell dad and papa, did you?" "jisun-" "yes or no?!" jisung growled making seungmin flinch. "n-no. s-sorry jisung... i-i..." the boy started panicking.

"jisung, calm down. please? he's getting scared," chan pleaded, caressing the older boy's back.

"sorry seungmin but i have to do this." "jisung no, pleas-" jisung turned away from his brother to face his parents.

"that hyunjin guy used to bully him, a lot. to the extent where i literally saw him pushing minnie down on the cafeteria floor after making him fall by obstructing his way with his feet," he spluttered out. minho gasped and turned to his younger son while chan stood there, too confused to react as his eyes wandered around the room.

"h-he did what?" minho asked, not believing his ears. how could he not even know that his son was being bullied? and how could someone bully his son? there were 'n' number of questions arising in his head and he didn't know the answers to any of them.

a thunder seemed to have erupted in his brain. his body was losing the control of his emotions and neither did his brain, nor his face know what he was actually feeling. anger? confusion? sadness? he couldn't keep a finger on it.

chan's eyes marked the delicate change in minho's sensitive expression that subtly turned cold with his tender looking eyes getting darker.

processing the scene his eyes and ears were perceiving, his mind told him to make a move before something goes wrong.

he looked into the younger's now, red eyes, blinking his own tender ones softly, signalling the man to calm down.

this broke the younger out of the battle going inside his mind. making contact with his husband's beautiful orbs that seemed to have held a new galaxy of tranquility in them, he felt his body loosening out of the thick skin of stiff posture that had wrapped his masculine body as his tightened chest fluidly unwinded out of the long rope of mixed emotions. he took a deep breath and the corners of his husband's lips curled upwards though the elder's mind itself, was preoccupied with a storm of thoughts and emotions.

although himself getting impatient, chan felt like he needed to keep everything in control.

"h-he did ap-pologize, though," seungmin anxiously spoke in a nervous tone with his eyes looking at the floor. the restless boy's fingers were fiddling with one-another. to him, his heart seemed to be pounding louder than his own voice that flowed out of his mouth in the facade of the stuttered out sentence.

he was scared of the reaction he was about to receive. his brain gave him no sign of estimation of the scene that was about to unfold in front of his eyes. the scene he would have probably eluded for forever, if possible. he was nervous, he was fidgety. he knew nothing of what time held for him and his heart throbbed, marking the quiet and slowed down periodicity of time in the moment that seemed timeless not only to him but his parents, as well.