Hospital

I looked back in time to see Quarra and Crow running out into the road, and I also saw the truck.

I turned just as Harry grabbed me. “Look out!” I screamed, my voice cracking.

Crow reached Quarra just as the truck was upon them and I saw them try to jump out of the way.

“No!” I screamed, as their bodies flew across the road.

Harry wrapped his arms around me.

“No! I have to get to them! It’s my fault!” I clawed at his arms and face but he just knelt down and made me sit with him.  He blocked my view of the scene as I tried to punch and scratch him, but he held my arms down.

“Calm down, Broken Heart. It will be fine.” He whispered.

“No!” I screamed, crying. “I need them.” I whimpered. “I can’t lose anyone else. Quarra!” I screamed. “Crow! My god this is my fault!” I clawed at my face.

“Hey! Hey!” Harry yelled, pulling my hands down and using one of his to keep them away from us. He hugged me with his other arm. “It’ll be okay, Lyrica.”

I was reduced to a whimpering, quivering mess by now.

“Harry!” We heard, and footsteps rapidly approached.

“Are you hurt?” We looked up as Niall and Liam appeared.

“We’re fine.” Harry answered as I looked back.

I gasped when I saw their bodies lying on the pavement. “No.”

Harry looked back then and moved himself in front of me, practically engulfing me inside his embrace. “It’s okay, Broken Heart.”

“It’s my fault.” I whimpered.

“Lyrica.” Niall touched my shoulder and I flinched away from him.

“Please don’t touch me!” I retreated farther into Harry and I felt his hold tighten on me.

“It’s okay. The ambulance is on its way.” Harry said.

“I’m cursed.” I said, pulling away from him. “I caused this. The people I love keep dying. My mom… I caused everything.” I sat back, and pulled my knees to my chest, burying my face into them.

“Hey, you aren’t cursed. Don’t think that.” Harry said

Sirens appeared in the distance.

“They’re coming. Everything will be okay.”

I wiped the tears from my face and looked up at the three of them as two ambulances pulled up. I could hear Questa wailing about the energy and her sister and Irie was yelling at the medics.

A paramedic jogged over to us. “Is anyone hurt over here?”

“No. We’re all fine.” Harry said, and pulled me up so I was standing.

“Ow.” I grimaced.

“Ma’m?” he asked

“I’m fine. Just please. Help Quarra and Crow.”

“If you’re hurt I should bring you in.”

“I’m not. It’s just a scar from a long time ago. Just help them, please.”

“Just let us take you to the hospital for a check-up, then.”

I shook my head and clung to Harry.

“Your boyfriend can come too. It’s okay.”

“He’s not-”

“Okay.” Harry said. “Just for a check-up, right, Gemma?” He raised his eyebrows at me. “This is my sister, Gemma.”