Jars, green snow and darkness...

I awoke in a different dimension, my face was covered in a dark green snow. Brushing the green snow off my face I could see a skeleton like structure that I was on top of. I got up but except for the tower and snow I saw only a tree that stretched miles above, the tree looked like it was touching the sun with it's orange leaves. Looking over myself I found the conut I carried water in gone, inspecting myself further I realized that I was now wearing a hard suit equipped with a heating system, goggles and snowshoe like leg reinforcements. I decided to test these powered legs, upon testing the suits controls I accidentally enabled a teleportation mode. Seconds later I found myself on the ground some 40 feet below. Inspecting the snow I could see that it wasn't snow at all but a kind of green algee which produced cold air.

Seeing nowhere to go except for the fire colored tree I teleported myself in it's direction but found that I could only teleport myself 200 feet at a time.

It took me most of the day to reach the tree, lucky for me the suit seemed to recharge from it's motion. Reaching the tree I saw that it only looked like a tree from a distance and was actually seaweed that grew up supports into a tree shape, it's color was caused by the fact that it was dried. I decided that since there was nowhere to go but up thats where I would go.

It took me a week to climb to the top. My suit collected water out of the moist air and the young dried moss I soon discovered tasted quite a bit like cinnamon and milk but sweeter. Upon reaching the top I could see I was inside an enormous Jar! The tree top was flat and had a flag in the center, by the flag I saw a plastic piece of paper. Reading it I realized it was a manual for the suit! Someone was here with me! I read the manual from front to back 3 times to make sure that I understood it well In an hour ai learned how to control the suit with my thoughts (which the suit would interpret). I made my goal to get out of the jar, I thought the jetpack command and flew to the plastic lid like top. I used the built in laser to cut an opening and got out.

I soon found myself on a table made of a hard foam like material with great big holes, like that of a sponge. Now that I knew the controls for my suit I teleported as far and further than I could see. Reaching the vast edge of the sponge like table I made my next goal finding sustenance. I teleported to a nearby cupboard, looking around I found that most of the labels were written in English! Choosing bread (the food I craved most) I cut a football sized chunk and dug in! You can not imagine how good that familiar food tasted after my journey that felt like a lifetime. I discovered that indeed I had returned to my world from a label complete with the year and month unfortunately I was in the year 2050 a full 35 years in the future. I wondered the kitchen in search of anything that could be of help to me. I found an oven, fridge and sink "no help there", I sat and waited for the family that lived there. I noticed that certain things would dissappear and reappear in different places, after thinking about this for a while I came to the conclusion that I was still in another dimension!

I could see and interact with my surroundings but my surroundings could not interact with me because I was in another dimension, disconnected in some pecuiliar way I was living at a much slower speed. As I lived on I could see the table dissappear in an instant, my portal jar lay on the floor for an instant before it too had disappeared. The house had vanished that same day and the landscape contin continued to changed. What was once a furtile land had turned into a desert wasteland full of nothingness. I explored the world searching for food but found only devastation, in three days the earth had vanished and the sun had grown dark. All I had to sustain myself with was what the suit extracted from the dark, cold emptiness that was now my life. I wondered an ever changing

landscape of nothingness. I grew old thinking only of my one love "Mandy" and of what might have been. Died at an age I didn't know, reliving my life through memories. As I lay in the vast and dead emptiness, empty and dead myself I sudenly came back to life, sitting in a chair across from a bright, and loving being. He asked me why I was there with genuine interest in his eyes, why my fate wasn't decided. I asked if there was a time limit for my answer, he replied with a smile and a chuckle "no, we have all the time you need". I told him the tale of my life and my journey past, my hardships and my joys for a decade but he did not become bored or loose interest he just sat listening with interest, occasionally asking questions. Once I had said all I could say he looked into my eyes but it was more like he looked into my soul. He explained that what happened to me wasn't supposed to happen and that he could send me back to my world if that was what I wanted. I decided I wanted to return but only if it was impossible for me to travel through words. He said that he could do that. As I began disappearing I asked his name, "Jesus" he replied with a smile.

Suddenly I was sitting in the airplane seat that began my journey. With my attaché in hand I flew home to New York. I wrote my journey down my journey down in a notebook during my flight home. I could hardly contain my self, I was so overcome with a need to see my love. It's been a lifetime for me but only a year and four months for her. How would our relationship change I wondered as I knocked on the aged oak door. The door opened with a man clad in black dress pants, a black over coat, back hair, a hard face and piercing black eyes. He asked me for the attaché. I promptly handed it to him and he left taking off his black leather gloves as he walked away. I turned my attention back to the house, hearing a muffled scream coming from upstairs I ran to find my wife tied to a chair with a cellophane gag blocking her mouth. I quickly untied the tight ropes hugging and kissing my wife as I did. "Our love must never end"...