The island of confusion

I awoke on a dark island, military symbols littered the vast expanse and a pungent stench filled the air, my attache gone. Surveying the landscape I noticed an outline which apeered to be a person lying in the sand.  I yelled for help but receiving no reply I dragged myself twards the siluette.     Still being exaused I ocasionally fell from what felt like a mountain to the sand.     

The closer I got the larger the siluette became and the more overpowering the putridness appeared to be. When I reached the silluete I concluded that my eyes were not misleading me "neither was my nose".   The giant being was still, approaching it I could feel the warmth eminating from the giant.  The air a few feet away was almost unbearable, my survival instinct kicking in I tied my shirt tightly around my mouth and nostrils.  Having no other plans "or options" I decided that my first priority was staying alive.  Since I was exausted I needed to sleep, my only option that night for safety and shelter being the giant. I proceeded on dig a cavern under the giant.  Using it's body as a cover leaving only my head exposed to the night air "and a stench my makeshift bandana could not eliminate" I fell into a bottomless sleep.

Waking I saw that I was no longer covered by the giant, enormous tracks littered the beach moving towards the palm forest.  Feeling famished from the lack of nurishment (and don't forget the stench!).  I took the most sensible course of action and prepared weapons for hunting.  I made a bow and a few arrows from driftwood and seaweed I found on the beach.  Making those took me a quite long time so it shouldn't come as a suprise that by the time I had finished I was extremely thirsty.  I walked to the first palm tree "like the giant it was over 500 ft high", I unwrapped my t-shirt from my face and folded it into a strip half as wide as it's sleeves.  Using my folded t-shirt as extra grip and a counter balance I started climbing the palm. My grip slipped a few terrifying times but each time I tightened my grip and climbed on.  Over 20 gruling minutes later I reached the branches, my chest heaving as I rested, after my well deserved rest I twisted off some car tire sized coconuts, watching them drop as I did.  After I dropped some six coconuts from my vantage point I found the island to be a jungle of palms, vines and a plethora of enormous creatures "including giants".  The Giants had no visible village therfore I assumed they were dumb wits that had no intelect or purpose in life but to live.  I also saw a mountain in the distance that could serve as a safe haven until I figured out how to get back to civilization.  Eventually I decided to begin my descent, as usual my descent was a trickier matter then that of my ascent.

I decided to slow my fall by weeving a flat sheet of the large but light leaves that surrounded me.  By the time I had finished I was parched to the extent of seliva depletion, I needed to get down fast!   I dropped without a second thought.   Steering my "parachute" as best as it would allow I dropped quite heavily to the sandy beach  which absorbed my impact well enough.   I quickly reached the coconuts, choosing the smallest one "which was a bowling ball sized specimen" I began striping off the outside layer.  By rubbing coconut husk shavings with a piece of drift wood I was able to start a fire in minutes.  I added drift wood to the fire and droped a coconut in, within minutes the coconut cracked leaving me with the fruits meat.   Using my knife to extract the fruit's meat I squeezed a handful into my mouth until it had no more juice to quench my thirst with, I drank my fill.  As I needed supplies to wander the island I spent the remaining hours on breaking open more coconuts, weeving and shaping a quiver out of seaweed, I kept the fire going to keep animals away, stay warm and harden my arrows.  In the morning I ate seaweed boiled in the native American way (by heating pebbles, dropping them into a coconut husk filled with water and seaweed).  I decided that the safest way to travel the island was following the coast, unobstructed vision in every direction for security, coconut palms and seaweed for food.  Walking for over three hours I ran across a large crab, taking precise aim with my bow I fired at it's gaping mouth, my arrow having hit true left the creature foaming at the mouth and clawing at it's eyes. In a few minutes it lay still.  I whispered a prayer of thanks to God as I seperated the creatures ligaments from it's 14 inch "carapace" (center armor),  I quickly built a fire with the coconut husk piece I had kept for this perpose and feasted!

All I could eat was half a leg but using the large piece of armor I smoked the rest and tied it all into a manageable pack with a rope made of seaweed

(I could have used coconut husk but they would have needed to soak for six weeks).  Having prepared I was ready to continue my excursion, I decided against traveling through the jungle full of the unknown, instead I would follow the shore to a mountain I noticed while surveying the island from the palm top.

I made a spear from wood I had hardened in the fire and began my journey.  After walking for two hours I heard an animal following me, I turned to look but seeing nothing I took little notice and continued on.   Later I once again turned, this time I saw a creature the size of a large horse! I quickly climbed the nearest palm for safety.  The honeybadger waited under the palm, since it was a dog like creature I decided it could be tamed and would serve as a mode of transportation.  Feeding it two crab legs piece by piece from the palm I quickly gained it's trust and began climbing down.  I fed the creature one more crab leg and set out making a harness and saddle from both seaweed and driftwood.  Having made the saddle I coaxed blate (black - white) to allow me access to it's back, upon securing the saddle I mounted (feeding blate one of the two crab legs I had left).   Fifteen minutes later I finished teaching blate how to respond to the harness (he was not keen on it!), With blates help I traversed the beach at high speeds.   That evening we ate the last crab leg, sleeping that night would have been quite pleasant if it wasn't for my fear of being crushed by blate rolling over in his sleep.     The next day we traveled for three hours before coming across a turtle of enormous proportions, lucky for us it had just laid close to a hundred eggs slightly larger than footballs.    I quickly made saddle bags three layers thick out of woven seaweed to store five of the turtle eggs in, next I made a fire and cooked one egg in it's shell, leaving the remaining eggs to blate.   Once we were done eating we dug in for the night, apart from sounds coming from a vast distance away the night passed without any adventures. In the morning I and blate shared an egg and continued on our journey.  After about an hour we came to a large ravine barring our path both on our current course and into the sea.  I decided we would travel through the jungle to bypass the ravine, with blate on my side I was quite safe.  The jungle became very thick with bushes, indeed I fell a few times off of blate's back before I decided to lead him.  On our journey we saw creatures that defied logic, we saw a snake bathed in blue and yellow that hopped on it's leg like tail, a butterfly with one red wing and a long black feather tail. We saw a creature that somehow mimicked us, it augmented natural light to make it appear as anything, we were very fortunate that it was a plant     Eventually we arrived at the ravine's end where a suprise awaited us. The suprise  was a round platform burned into the soil, this must be my ticket home! I surmised.  Saying my goodbyes to blate I stepped on the platform taking with me my bow and arrows, turtle eggs and my satchel I carried the eggs in.