Chapter 2

"Welcome class please sit" my first period teacher said with a smile on her face.
I took a seat in the very back.
"Hello. Welcome to your first day of high school, my name is Mrs. Lowe" Mrs. Lowe said scanning the class.
The room was silent.
"Well, um I'm going to be passing out a survey that I need all of you to fill out and give It back to me completed by the end of class." Mrs. Lowe said as she started to pas out the slip of paper.
I started to read through the survey.
The questions were like every other questions you get on the first day of school, like asking how many people are in your house hold, what did you do this summer. All that.
"Okay it's been 5 minutes that should be enough time to complete a 7 question survey." Mrs. Lowe said walking down the aisles of the class to pick up the papers.
"We will be playing a Get To Know You game." She takes a second to think
"Ah...we will play two truths and one lie." She finally says as she puts her finger to her lips
"Who would like to go first"
Of course no one raised their hand
She starts to scan the class and of course her eyes have to land on me, out of all people.
She grabs her seating chart
"Amanda?" She asks politely hoping to get the name correct
"Uhm...yes?" I reply shy likely
"Would you like to go first?"
"No not really" I mumble
"Well can you do me a favor and go first" Mrs. Lowe snapped
"Fine" I growl and start heading up to the front of the class
" Great thank you" Mrs. Lowe says as she sits down at her desk and watches me. "Alright class stop your chattering and put all eyes on Amanda"
"When ever you're ready Amanda" She said while putting her hands to her face and watching me.
I look down at my feet I begin to talk.
"I have a dog, I have a brother and I've never broken any bone" I said looking down playing with my fingers. Everyone looks at me trying to figure out what the lie was. A girl raises her hand. Mrs. Lowe grabs the chart with all the names on it. "Yes Maddie. Would you like to guess what the lie is"
"Yes" Maddie said starting to stand up. "Okay go ahead" Mrs Lowe said smiling pleased to actually have someone participate. "Hmm, I think that Amanda's lie is that she has a dog" Maddie guesses. I look up from the floor to look at her shocked. "Um yes, that was my lie" "Yes!" Maddie cheers.
We play the game for the rest of the class more people actually begin to play the game but then we got off topic by playing Kill Kiss or Marry. I already know this is going to be an interesting class.
The bell rings and Mrs. Lowe dismisses us to go to our next class.
"Bye class have a good rest of your first day see you tomorrow" Mrs. Lowe says cheerfully.