Chapter 7

Taehyung scrunched his nose at the strong smell of alcohol and smoke in the room. He looked around the room. There were led lights all around the room, shifting the light forth and back from purple and red. And though it was a bar, people had still formed a small dance floor in the middle of it.

He really never was the party type, that was more Jimin's thing. But now that he was here he might as well enjoy it.

"Let's go to the bar!" Jungkook suggested, or more like demanded, while dragging Taehyung with him.

"We'll join the dance floor!" he heard Jihyo and Dahyun shout, getting Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Jimin, Hobi, and Jin with them.

"Should I buy you guys some drinks?" Momo shouted at them but didn't receive any answers back. She turned to the others and shrugged, "well I had to save money anyways," she said, causing Sana to scoff.

"Please, with your salary I would buy five shots for everyone in this room."

"I think that's a great idea, CEO Sana, who earns billions every year," Jeongyeon encouraged. "Would you like to take one for the team?"

"Vodka?" Jungkook butted in, raising his black card. This time it was Tzuyu's time to scoff.

"Show off," she mumbled and shook her head in a playful manner.

Jungkook only smiled sweetly at her, "I'll buy ten for you only," he winked before turning to the bartender, ordering drinks for everyone.

Sana, who had witnessed the little flirt, turned to Jeongyeon beside her. "What the heck did I miss?" she whispered.

"Honestly," Jeongyeon started, furrowing her eyebrows slightly. "I don't even know."

After two hours and a lot of alcohol in everybody's systems, the small dance floor had expanded to a much bigger one and music was blasting even louder through the speakers. All the girls had gone to dance and Taehyung smiled as he saw Jimin enjoying his time with Mina.

"Aren't you going to dance?" Hobi asked him as he walked back from the dance floor, grabbing his drink that was on the counter of the bar.

Taehyung sipped on his cocktail and shook his head. "I'm just going to sit here."

"Oh come on," Hobi pleaded. "Even Yoongi is dancing!"

"Well that's great!"

"You know what would be greater?"

"What?"

"You, on the dance floor!"

"Nah."

"With Sana."

Taehyung turned to him and shot him a look. He then looked over his shoulder, seeing Sana jumping around happily and dancing with Chaeyoung.

"She's busy with the girls. She hasn't met them in a long time and I don't want to disturb them," he said.

Hobi rolled his eyes. "You're so oblivious."

"What?"

"She's been staring at you the whole night!"

Taehyung looked at him with denial written all over his face. "No, she hasn't."

"Just because she hasn't looked at you while you were looking at her, doesn't mean she isn't looking at you when you aren't looking," Hobi stated as a matter of fact.

"Well I-"

"No excuses," Hobi cut him off and dragged him up from his chair. "Just go!" he then exclaimed and pushed Taehyung into the crowded circle. He stumbled on his feet but quickly regained his posture. Not knowing what to do, he looked around like a helpless puppy, seeing everyone dancing with each other.

Sana, who had spotted him and noticed the current state he was in, whispered something in Chaeyoung's ear before walking over to him. She immediately grabbed his wrist and pulled him further into the center of the dance floor, taking him by surprise.

"Dance with me!" she shouted loudly over the blasting music. Before he could say anything she wrapped her arms around his neck and started swaying her hips to the random pop song playing, inviting him to follow along.

As time went on he felt his stiff body loosen up and he felt relaxed for the first time that night. He almost felt dizzy from the sudden adrenaline rush and his surroundings turned blurry, allowing him to only focus on her.

A small smile formed on his lips as he wrapped one arm around her waist and pressed himself closer to her. For a moment, he let go of all his worries. Now, he was here, dancing with the woman he loved the most and he was sure going to enjoy every single bit of it.

The lights, the music, the stuffy air and the warmth of each other's bodies as they danced without leaving any room – It was intoxicating.

Her arms were flailing above her head and she closed her eyes, letting her body move with the music and along with his. He grabbed her hand and spun her around before grabbing her back towards him. And they just danced, grinning like two idiots without a care in the world.

And for the first time in forever, they felt free... Happy.

When the song ended Sana turned to him with a big smile on her lips, her chest heaving as she tried to control her breathing. "Thank you for this dance, Tae," she giggled, looking into his eyes and her arms still around his neck.

He smiled nervously this time. "My pleasure," he breathed out.

She moved closer to his ear so he would hear her better. "You want to grab a drink?" she asked as a slow song played. She then moved back and pointed towards the bar behind him.

"I'm fine," he admitted, not feeling like consuming any more alcohol. But then he could have sworn he saw a disappointed look on her flustered face.

"I'll just go and freshen up," he excused himself. "Order me something alcohol free, would you?" he then suggested instead, seeing a bubbly smile reappear on her face.

"Alright!" she showed an 'ok' sign and headed immediately to the bar while he went the opposite way, directly to the bathroom.

He locked the door and looked up at the mirror, immediately cringing at himself. Sweat was running from his forehead and it had made his bangs wet. His cheeks and ears were just as red as tomatoes and he felt his heart beat harder and faster than before.

He unbuttoned the few buttons on his shirt to cool himself down and turned on the tap, letting the water run for a slight moment just so it would get a little warmer. He washed the sweat off of his face before patting it dry with paper towels.

With one last breath, he fixed his posture and made a last fix with his hair before walking out of the bathroom, being met with the strong smell of alcohol and smoke again.

"I see it's going well with you and Sana," he felt an arm sling around his neck. He glanced to the side and saw Jimin wiggling his eyebrows at him.

"It was just one dance," he reasoned. "She doesn't want to get back together," he then added after a short silence.

"You sure about that?" Jimin asked him before pointing in a certain direction.

Taehyung followed his pointed finger and felt another rush through his body. Her eyes pierced through his and she smiled softly at him and held up a small glass, motioning for him to go over there. His lips curved up into an instant smile and he felt ecstatic but nervous at the same time.

"Seems like my feelings for you will never fade away, Sana."