Chapter 9

After visiting the palace, she stayed silent for the whole ride. Li Zhao feel somewhat disturbed by her sudden silence.

"Did your highness see him?" Xu Ling Ai finally spoke up after a very long silence. She was trying to clear her mind.

She thought it was a dream but he was clearly there. Looking and smiling softly at her direction. If Li Zhao hadn't drag her along, she would have faint right there and then.

"Who?" He shortly replied. Li Zhao literally thought that she is unwell. But she was actually thinking of some men.

"Xiao Zhan! Did you see him?" Xu Ling Ai were very desperate for an answer. She scooted near to him.

He look at her in a very weird way. Why did she act like this for a man? But there's no one there except the royal family.

"There's no one name Xiao Zhan in royal family." He sternly said.

Even though they are in a forced marriage, still she shouldn't told him that she is in love with another man in a very short time. Their wedding was yesterday.

"The guy with long hair, soft smile, brightly blinking eyes and a very handsome face. He sits on the left side. He is wearing a blue robe. Did you see him?" She excitedly described his face.

Li Zhao were literally burning. She actually praised another man in his presence.

If she was another lady, he would have kick her out of the carriage. But she is Xu Ling Ai, he owe her his life.

"Duke Huai, Third Prince Li Zhi Ming." He were seething while saying those sentences.

"He is your brother? Then he is not Xiao Zhan right?" Xu Ling Ai sighed heavily.

'You stupid! How could Xiao Zhan be here!' She mentally screamed at herself.

When he saw her face is getting bloomy, he only hummed as an answer. But suddenly her mood change again.

" But it is okay! As long as he got Xiao Zhan's face then he is the most handsome man. Your Highness, can you arrange a meet and greet with him? I want to take a picture with him. Get his sign. Probably shake hands with him." Before Xu Ling Ai could say anything further, he interrupted her.

"No."

Even though Li Zhao couldn't understand half of her speech, but he do understand that she wants to meet him.

Of course he is not jealous, he just don't want to wear a green hat. That's what he thought.

"You're being petty. I will find my own way to meet him. Just wait and see!" Xu Ling Ai stick out her tongue at Li Zhao.

Once they arrived in front of the manor, Li Zhao left her alone in the carriage.

"What's wrong with his moody ass?" Xu Ling Ai jumped off the carriage. That was very unlike lady of her. But there was no Jiang Mama to nagged at her.

Xu Ling Ai went for a walk around the yard since she is a very good mood. She would even twirling to express her feelings.

She didn't know that she is going to be a fangirl even in the ancient era. She wanted to brag about it to the world but she got no one to tell to.

"I'm the most successful fangirl ever!!" Xu Ling Ai screamed her heart out. Feeling so giddy, her heart feel with excitement.

Unknown to her, all the servants hear her screaming voice. It was so high pitched. That Wu Xi had to cover his ears.

At first, they thought there was something happen to her. When they saw her laughing like there's no tomorrow, they pretend to unsaw it.

Li Zhao's Study Room

"Your Highness there is no progress in finding the antidote." Wu Xi gloomily said while keeping his head down.

They have been looking for ten thousand years fox blood. It was a legend fox that had become a tale. However, Li Zhao never give up.

He got no choices other than believing it was real and it exists. For years, he searched in every nook and corner of Han country but failed.

Tale being told that the fox lived in a cave but until now Li Zhao still couldn't find it. On a scroll, there was a list of caves that exist in the country.

"Our private physician had made a new poison to keep it at bay." Wu Xi take out a box of antic box.

Inside it, filled with different kind of strong poison that can kill a human on the spot.

Only when a several poisonous poison mixed together can fight the disease. Consuming medicine will worsen it as it will react the opposite effect.

"Your Highness, you must consume this everyday to lessen it's control. But when it is full moon even the poison won't work. You need to endure it like usual in the underground room." Wu Xi informed him. He feel so guilty for his master condition.

Only Wu Xi, Emperor and himself know the real story of him get infected by the incurable disease.

But His Majesty thought that he has gotten well. So Li Zhao secretly visit several physicians, but still they couldn't cure him.

"Halted the search for now. Imperial father might have noticed." Li Zhao's gave a command.

He hate the fact that he has weakness. Day by day he is getting weaker. The poison started to take control of his body.

It was not a poison which take one's life right away, it tormented the body every seconds. People who get infected by it will get spread in veins very slowly.

The name of the disease is Human Vampire Poison. A poison which exist one among billions. A human being selfmade poison.

Everyone thought it was just a tale and a legendary disease that did not exist. Little did they know, someone like Li Zhao had the illness.

"Don't bring up this matter again in the manor." Li Zhao order him because a new presence came to the manor now.

"Yes. Your Highness." Wu Xi understand that he need to be extra careful.

Since Xu Ling Ai is empress chosen lady, so they need to be very cautious.

"Also Your Highness what is wrong with Princess Consort?" Wu Xi added without hesitation.

"Ban Li Zhi Ming from coming into this manor." Li Zhao didn't even bother to answer Wu Xi's question.

"Huh? What is the connection between Princess Consort and His Highness Duke Huai?" Wu Xi fell into confusion.

"Also empty all the lake in the manor. No water can be left inside it." Again Wu Xi was literally baffled by Li Zhao weird request.

"Wh.." Wu Xi was about to ask the purpose of his request. But when he saw Li Zhao's eyes getting sharp, he quickly shut his mouth.

"Right away Your Highness." He sprint out to fulfill his master order.

P.S.
Li Zhao get infected by human vampire poison!

Another fun fact is the vampire character I made do not suck blood so please take note!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R