Hiding (28)

I was happier than I'd ever been in a long time, I would find myself staring down at my ring and constantly smiling. 

This particular day instead of heading to the firehouse I decided to head to the district since Trudy had asked me to come by saying that she had something for me.

I walked into the district and greeted a couple of people. "Hey, Trudy." I greeted her as I approached the front desk.

"Hey honey, give me a sec," she said picking up the phone that was ringing.

I nodded and leaned against the counter as I looked around. "Repeat that again." I heard her in a very serious tone. I turned around and noticed a very nervous look on her face. She hung up.

"Trudy, what's wrong? I can come back later if you'd like."

"No! Come with me." She said as she walked around the counter and started walking up the stairs to the Intelligence unit. She was walking really fast so I had to jog a little to catch up with her.

"Hey y/n nice to see you here," Adam hugged me once we were upstairs. Kevin and Alvin hugged me too. 

"Babe, what are you doing here?" Jay asked me confused.

Trudy had gone into Hanks's office and shut the door. "Trudy asked me to come but she just received a phone call and dragged me up here with her, I think something's wrong. " I told Jay.

Hank and Trudy walked out. "Alright everybody listen up, Damien Bates has escaped from a transport vehicle. His last known location was near Jay's and y/n's apartment so we have every reason to believe he is looking for you. It is very likely he'll try to contact you by any means possible." Hank gestured at me.

I felt a cold feeling cover my whole body. Jay took my hand. "I wanna help?" I told Hank stepping forward.

"No! You're staying here!" Jay stood in front of me.

"Hank I won't let him hurt anyone else, if I can help you draw him out then I will," I spoke over Jay.

Jay turned to face Hank. "Sarge please"

"The quicker we get him back to prison the better. Burgess help her gear up." Hank answered Jay and instructed Kim. "Trudy alert 51 and Med he might come looking for there. " Hank told Trudy. 

I was about to follow Kim but Jay pulled me back to him. "Why did you do that?" He was calm but I could tell he was furious.

I placed my hand on his cheek. "I'm done hiding Jay, I won't sit around again waiting for him to find me. "  I told him. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before walking to Kim.

——————

"-and this will fit inside your ear so you can hear us. Now choose a safe word." Kim asked me. "Try to make it discrete since he'll probably be on high alert."

"Bar?" I suggested.

"Perfect." Kim winked at me. She rubbed my arm noticing I was nervous. "We got you y/n." She smiled.

Hank walked down "Ok so y/n you'll be walking to Molly's at your usual shift time. We'll be surrounding the area looking and listening in on your every move, if you see anything suspicious let us know. Use the safe word if he pulls out a weapon or if you feel in danger. Understood?"

"Yes Sarge"

"Jay, you're riding with me," Hank instructed him.

——-