Chapter 2 Find your companion

Once in the forest clan, Lieng got received by the gate guard. He explained the situation around Shuan and was invited to an audience with the clan leader, Master ShuanShun.

A young woman and a young man, dressed in white robes embroidered with grey and green flowers, led him through the courtyard to a pavelion. In the arbor there was a round amber table which was surrounded by green velvet pillows. Lieng sat down he was fascinated by the play of lights that was caused by the irradiating sun and the amber.

The young woman set the table with a tea set and then walked back in the direction from which they had come. The man stood next to Lieng and folded his arms behind his back.

Lieng eyed him.

His long, blonde hair curled down on him, he had a trusting and sympathetic face. Lieng had never seen eyes like these before ; two shining blue opals, decorating his face like the finest jewellery. His glance wandered down on him, but stopped again at the height of his neck. An elongated scar stretched from his back to under his chin.

The boy must have noticed his inquisitive glance and was now staring back with curiousity.

"Whats your Name?" Lieng asked.

"Shixin Sir."he bowed.

"A nice name." Lieng smiled and stood up.

  Shixin straightened his back to appear taller than he was, intimidated by the starture of the man in front of him.

Lieng looked down on him, smiled and gently  turned his head to one side.
The young man blushed and looked at the ground.

ShuanShun entered the room.
"Lieng! Nice to see you! Please sit down! What happened, how is Shuan? " He pointed to the square across from him.

Lieng bowed.
When he wanted to sit down, Shixin reached out a finger and gently stroked the back of Lieng's hand.

"Shuan got seriously injured in an attack by the Fire Clan, "he replied to ShuanShun.

"Where is he now and how is he?"

"He is with us in the Ocean Clan, my sister is taking care of him. I suspect that he should be better, but I can't promise anything. When I put him down he wasn't conscious again. It all depends on what Shu Yu does now. Unfortunately I have no information whether he is already in the Ocean Clan to heal Shuan. But you know he would give his life for him."

ShuanShun nodded.

"I hope he's there to help my son. If he can't help, nobody can."

"I'm sure he's doing his best. "Lieng replied.

"I want my son to be brought here. Take Shixin with you and tell Shu Yu if you see him that we need to find a solution to this problem. The Fire Clan device is out of control. Since the fire clan changed leaders, there have been more and more deaths, robberies and looting." ShuanShun got up and stood by the window.

"Before you can plan anything you have to talk to Shu Yu. I really don't know about him, I had to leave him behind, but there is a possibility that the new clan leader did not survive. " Lieng stared at ShuanShun in concern.
"He wanted to come to the Ocean Clan as soon as possible to help Shuan, but he found him, covered in blood. We both know how his reaction must have been and what follows from it. The fact is that he would never let Shuan die. So I assume that he should already be in the clan, but probably nobody except Shu Yu knows what happened on the battlefield. " tried Lieng to explain the situation.