°CHAPTER 7°

«The Beginnings of Infatuation»

After trying on the other three items you picked out, both you and Mr. Chenheuyl went back down the in-store elevator to go ring up the items. The customer's and staff's eyes all darted towards the two of you the second you stepped out of the elevator. You could only sigh, no wonder Mr. Chenheuyl always looked so grumpy, you would be too if eyes were constantly on you.

Whatever. After reaching the checkout area Mr. Chenheuyl got ready to pay. The attendant scanned the specific items before announcing the total.

"The total will be $24,600." The attendant said casually.

Your eyes widened in shock as you chocked on your spit. $24,600 DOLLARS!?! You were never gonna mentally recover from this. Is this how rich people lived!?!

You turned to see what Mr. Chenheuyl would say, only to see him pull out a black card and pay. Honestly, what did you expect? This man was probably one of the richest people on Earth. You could only stare blankly in embarrassment.

Damn. That was an awful amount of money he's spending on you. And he didn't even blink an eye. Did you feel bad? Kinda. Were you gonna make it up? Absolutely. Even if Mr. Chenheuyl has low-key fucked up your normal life, you would still show some gratitude. You weren't a bitch, sorta.

"Thank you Mr. Chenheuyl for, uh, the stuff." You said awkwardly as you both walked out of the store.

"Not a problem." He said coolly while holding your bags.

Hot damn. Looking at him now he was perfect husband material. Well, minus the mafia part, but still! He was buying you shit, carrying your bags, and was relatively nice with you. Not to mention he's smoking hot.

You could imagine him with some lucky girl or boy. Bro, what if the girl or guy was rich too? Would he consider being a househusband? The vivid image of Mr. Chenheuyl in a pink apron whilst baking made you snicker.

"You know, you would be a really cute househusband." You said before you could stop yourself.

Immediately your hand shot to cover your mouth. Why the fuck did you say that?! Did you really have no filter!?

To turned to Mr. Chenheuyl, expecting him to get upset or something. As a working man you thought he would take offense to what you said. However you didn't expect him to chuckle in amusement.

Wow. He really is pretty.

"Me? A househusband? And cute? Are you sure you're not forgetting how we met?" He said, a small hint of a smile on his face.

Since he wasn't upset, heck he was being sarcastic with you, you decided to play along.

"Am I wrong tho? I'm sure your future wife or husband would be pleased at the sight." You teased.

Soon the teasing turned into conversation and you found yourself once again getting along with your boss. After talking it was revealed that Mr. Chenheuyl planned on you both having lunch at the mall. Probably at one of the restaurants you saw before. As much as you would have loved to dine at one of the unbelievably gorgeous restaurants, you weren't very keen on eating rich people food.

If what you've seen on reality tv shows or luxury cooking shows is true, then you didn't want to eat there. Why? Because of the small portions. Bro, they'll call a piece of salmon on a spinach leaf a "main course" and then call it a day.