°CHAPTER 2°

«Filthy Rich Son Of A Bitch»

[A MONTH LATER]

It had been a whole month since the "break in" incident happened. Although you were still pretty freaked out and cautious, you just guessed your original plan worked. This was also around the time where colleges would be opening back up after the break.

Your parents still have not been found.

To make matters worse you also had to get rid of your rental car due to the increase in the leasing. Fucking assholes. Meaning you had to go back to your business lectures by foot or by the bus. You were only a few classes in and you were already tiered.

So when the morning came, you woke up completely exhausted. Like when your alarm started ringing, you didn't even hear it. It only set in that you were late for your college lecture forty minutes after the alarm rang.

So with the speed of a turtle you got ready for the day. It was only on the bus when you realized how much trouble you were in. And with that, getting off the bus, you ran for your life.

Running past people and dodging random bikers was the bare minimum you had to do to make it in time. Yeah, this system was scuffed af. It should be a crime to not have a local bus go directly to the college bus centers.

But that's besides the point. Finally, after running your ass off you finally reached the gate. Sighing, you walked in the courtyard leading to the proper entrance of the college.

Walking to your designated entrance and building, you couldn't help but notice a bunch of muscley looking people in black and white suits littering the courtyard. Wait a damn minute. Aren't they the- no, that's impossible.

Did they find you? How though? You gave them a fake name, plus yo-, oh. They know what you look like. You don't remember covering your face, which you should have tried to do. Damn it.

Welp, you guess you die. Haha sike. And with that you rushed to the business lecture hall. Walking into your specific lecture, you sat down in your usual spot near the front. Grabbing your shitty laptop that you've had since the 9th grade, you opened it getting ready to type notes.

More students started piling In, ready to start their day. One of these people happened to be your best, and only irl friend; Lily. Lily was a sweet and bubbly girl who you would lay down your life to protect.

She came bounding towards you holding two cups of coffee and her backpack. Oh how you loved her, she even brought you coffee!

"(Y/n)!~ I missed you!" She said setting all her things down.

"Aw, Lily I missed you too! How was your weekend?" I asked smiling at her.

"Oh it was great! Karl and I went to the light festival in downtown and it was magical.~" she said lovestruck.

You giggled at her adorableness which snapped her out of her daze.

Handing you your coffee she sighed happily.

"I can't wait to see him today! He said he's taking me out for a movie and then dinner! I literally can't wait (Y/n)!" She exclaimed practically buzzing in her seat.

You smiled. You were happy for Lily. She's known and dated Karl for about four years and seems madly in love. You were also pretty aquatinted with Karl, he seems like a nice loving guy.

In a way you were sort of envious. You've never dated or loved anyone like that. But you know you could if you tried. But it was hard. You've never received basic affection; not from your parents and definitely not from your old "friends".