The Discovery

1st POV Mora

A year later.....

It has been some time since Nedzu took me and my pups in.

Life is... quite eventful if you ask me. Between dividing my time with Nedzu and his "assignments" and managing Ohu alongside Riki and his son Gin, not to mention raising the pups in both in Ohu and the ones currently residing with me, there was never a dull moment here.

Nedzu made good on his word on providing shelter for me and my adopted children. (See image above) The house, while some may say it looks simplistic, it is quite luxurious on the inside. A nice sunken hearth in the front room, several bedrooms for me and the kids (though the kids prefer sleeping in the same room as me as they are very attached to me), nice soft tatsumi mats for our bare feet, a shady porch that is perfect on the hot days, a beautiful Sakura tree along with a private hot spring out back, and a lovely rock garden and koi pond.

And there was no shortage of food, especially with my top notch hunting skills. Nor was there a shortage of pelts to warm up in. Thanks to me and a few of other promising members of Ohu, we took down many beasts besides Akakabuto and his minions. We even took out a monster sized mandrill that was stirring up trouble.

After we killed them, I always brought the bodies back home so I can take their hides off and use them to keep the kids warm during the cold season.

Though frankly, I think the kids like wearing them around the house, as I have seen them run around playing while wearing them.

They even singled out their favorite ones.

Masaru, the redhead kid, liked wearing the Harpoon Bear's hide, thinking that the hide is night impenetrable. I couldn't remove all of the spears stuck in the bear's hide unfortunately but the kid didn't mind in the slightest.

 I couldn't remove all of the spears stuck in the bear's hide unfortunately but the kid didn't mind in the slightest

(Harpoon bear)

Jataro, the sandy blonde boy, likes the hide of the giant bear Monsoon, if only for how his red tuft of hair contrasts with his single golden furred front leg.