Chapter 25

:: Emma's POV ::

Noah and I had arrived in Glendale after a short flight from Houston. We were both more than eager to see JJ; we were missing him like crazy since he had left to prepare for today's Pro Bowl. Things were definitely not the same when he wasn't around. I had spent so much time thinking about the baby and about telling JJ. It's not that I wanted to hide it from him because I really didn't; it was killing me to keep this from him. I just wanted to let him enjoy his big weekend before I sprung it on him. He had a lot of people that were coming to see him play and I know he has a team that was counting on him, he wanted to be on top of his game and I didn't want to take the chance of making him lose his focus. I planned on telling him after the NFL Honors next week, which was going to be a big night for him in several ways.

The only person that knew about my pregnancy was Tonya; I didn't want to tell anyone about it until JJ knew. I felt bad enough that Tonya knew before he did but in that particular situation, there was no way to keep it from her. I know she won't say anything to anyone but feeling like I have this huge secret is really getting to me. I only hoped that he would understand why I waited to tell him, I hated fighting with him.

"You excited to see JJ?" I asked Noah as we began to walk towards the entrance of the stadium, our VIP passes hanging from our necks.

"Yeah. I miss him." Noah nodded, his voice sounding sad as the last sentence left his mouth.

"I know. I miss him too." I sympathized with him as we took in our surroundings, it was packed; definitely a different feeling then our home games in Houston.

"JJ said I get to meet all kinds of players!" Noah's small voice was booming with excitement as he clutched his regulation football, one of many Christmas presents from JJ, under his arm in anticipation of having it signed by some of the NFL's most elite players, "Mario Williams and Andrew Luck and Odell Beckham."

"I know that's so cool. Huh?" I smiled at him as I rubbed the top of his head.

"Yeah!" Noah answered, a smile plastered on his face.

The one thing I was most nervous about was probably all of the press. Yeah, we dealt with it in Houston once in a while but not on this level. The place was crawling with press everywhere you looked. Once I saw JJ I knew I would be more at ease but I also knew it was going to draw more attention to Noah and me.

"I see JJ!" Noah pointed across the field as we got closer; sure enough JJ was standing off to the side talking to a reporter.

A smile crept across my face; he was such a loveable person and was always in high demand at these kinds of things. They all wanted his thoughts and his input; they valued what he had to say. I was so proud of him for always standing true to who he is. He is just so humble.

JJ exchanged a handshake with the reporter as the interview had wrapped, the smile on his face making me smile. He was so handsome. The camera crew moved out of the way giving us a full view of him, his eyes landing on mine and his smile only increased in size. He took a few steps closer before I leapt into his arms, my legs wrapping around his waist as I hugged him tighter than I probably should have.

"I missed you so much." I whispered as my forehead rested against the brim of his hat.

"I missed you too baby." He smirked as I took the baseball hat from his head and placed it backwards on mine. He wore a hat ninety nine percent of the time so it was something I began doing in order to gain better access to his lips.

His lips met mine in a soft encounter as they explored one another once again. I had missed the taste of his kiss after being apart for nearly a week. I was almost sure I was suffering with drawls before we had arrived here. I heard commotion around us as camera flashes pulled us from our momentary trance.

I jumped down from his arms, returning his hat to his head. I had gotten completely lost in the moment, not thinking about our surroundings but judging by the eyes that glared at us from female on lookers, I was certainly envied. Was it wrong that I felt proud of that? Proud to call him mine.

JJ reached down and picked Noah up into his arms, the two of them exchanging a sweet embrace; Noah's tiny arms wrapped around JJ's muscular neck, his little head resting on his broad shoulder. I smiled as the press had a field day with photos, it was the most heart melting site I had seen and I couldn't believe that I ever had any doubts about JJ being upset over being a dad, in so many ways he already was. He was born to be a daddy and I know how much he loves Noah and I know that this little one was also going to be loved unconditionally.

"I missed you!" JJ exclaimed as he held Noah close, "Did you miss me?"

"Yeah." Noah nodded his head against JJ's shoulder, hiding his face from the photographer in the crook of JJ's neck.

"Let's go toss the ball around with these guys." JJ pointed out the crowd in the stands to Noah as he returned him to his feet, "Sound good?"

"Yeah!" Noah jumped up and down; helping JJ play catch with the fans before games was one of Noah's favorite routines.

I knew JJ was trying to take his mind of all the press and photographers that lingered on the field. I smiled as I followed behind the two of them; I only hoped this little one I was carrying was a girl. I was in desperate need of some estrogen in our household. Don't get me wrong, I love my football and my sports and I absolutely adore my boys, but I need more pink and more ruffles in my life, maybe some Texas sized bows and some tutus. Besides, the thought of JJ having a little girl that has him wrapped around her little finger melts my heart.

"That was so awesome!" Noah's mouth hung open as he watched JJ make a one handed catch thrown by a fan in the stands, "Did you see that mom!"

"I did!" I nodded, a smile on my face, "That was pretty awesome."

JJ laughed as he high fived Noah, the crowd erupting in excitement at the Odell Beckham inspired catch. At 6'5 and with hands the size of his, I wasn't the least bit surprised that he was able to make a one handed catch with such ease. Oh, how I love those hands. There was nothing I loved more than seeing JJ in his element, doing what he does best. He's so happy and he inspires so many people, especially the little boy that clung to his side. Ever since JJ has entered our lives, Noah has stopped asking about his father. He's stopped wanting to know where he is and when he's coming to see him or why he doesn't call. As much as it broke my heart to know that he couldn't have a relationship with that man that was supposed to be his father, I was more than thankful that he had a man like JJ to look up to, to fill that void better than his own father could ever fill it. I thanked my lucky stars everyday for bringing JJ into our lives. He was our world.