Chapter 19

:: Emma's POV ::

JJ's fingertips grazed over top of my arm as they found their way to my hand, his fingers lacing through mine. I felt the goose bumps beginning to spread as his lips made their way across my bare shoulder. There was nothing I loved more than these moments, laying here in his arms after exhausting ourselves with a night full of passion. He knew how to make me feel like I was on top of the world, I'm not sure how he does it but he does, without fail, every single time.

"Move in with me." His lips grazed my ear as he placed a trail of kisses down my neck; the words that had just left his mouth shocked me. Did I hear him right?

"What?" I turned myself to face him and was met by his blue eyes.

"Move in with me." He repeated, brushing my hair away from my face, "It doesn't have to be here, or at my place... we can find a new place if you want, it doesn't even matter."

"Are you sure you want to live with me?" My eyes studied his as his lips captured mine for a brief moment, "That's a big step."

"I wanna fall asleep like this, you in my arms, every night..." He rested his hand on my cheek, his large palm warm and comforting, "I wanna come home to you and Noah, every day..."

I couldn't pull my eyes away from his; I needed to know he was sincere. That he was one hundred percent serious. He was. His eyes told me everything I needed to know. He was ready for that next step. Part of it scared me, the idea that maybe being with Noah and me twenty four seven would scare him off. It might make him realize that this isn't what he wants, that he's not ready for this. That worried me more than anything, but I knew that worrying wasn't going to get my anywhere and that I couldn't allow my worry to ruin a really good thing for us.

"Whatever negative thoughts you're thinkin right now... stop." A smirk appeared on his face and I knew that he was proud of himself for knowing me so well. I swear sometimes I hated that he could read me so well, but if anything it was proof of my how much he cared.

"I'm sorry." I brought my hand up to rest on his that still resided on my cheek as I gave him a small smile.

"C'mere." He caught my lips with his and brought his body up, forcing me to roll over onto my back. My heart was pounding in my chest and I still didn't understand how he was capable of making me feel this way after all this time.

JJ laced his fingers through mine and pinned one of my arms against the bed, his other hand slid up my bare thigh as he wrapped my leg around his waist. I used my free arm to wrap it around his broad neck, my fingers grabbing at the small amount of hair on the back of his head. There was no doubt in my mind that I could get used to being with him like this night after night. He showered me with affection and I loved that, I had never been used to that but he made me feel like a queen.

"I love you Emma." He pulled away from our kiss to look into my eyes, he reach behind him bring my arm down that rested around his neck. He kissed my fingers before placing my hand over his heart; I could feel his heart beating rapidly through his muscular chest, "See what you do to me?"

I responded by placing my lips over the spot on his chest my hand had occupied and worked my way back up to his lips. It felt so good to know I have the same affect on him that he has on me. I longed for him in this moment, as if it had been ages since I had him. Our eyes met and it was a matter of seconds before he crashed his lips into mine. I wanted him now more than I ever have before.

...................................................

:: Emma's POV ::

Time continued to close in on me as the holidays drew nearer and nearer. I thought I had a pretty good handle on things, I was now officially done with my holiday shopping and it was a huge relief. It was now one less thing I had to worry about. I could now focus my energy on prepping for JJ's family to arrive in a few short days. He had no idea they planned to come for Christmas and I was so thrilled with myself that we all managed to keep it a secret for so long. I knew how much this was going to mean to him and to them and I looked forward to it myself.

After running a dozen of errands I had on my to do list I felt a need to break for lunch and had asked Tonya to join me. There was so much I needed to talk to her about and hadn't had much of an opportunity to sit down with her. I looked forward to enjoying a relaxing lunch with my best friend. JJ was at practice, Noah was in school, the boutique was closed and I finally had a moment to myself. I was going to be sure to capitalize on that; I rarely ever take time out for myself other than my morning workouts. I needed this girl time.

"Spill it girl." Tonya poked at the ice in her drink with her straw, her eyes fixated on me.

"Spill what?" I smirked, how was it that she knew when I had things on my mind. I guess it's the best friend curse.

"Girl, please. You know I'm not stupid." Her laughter broke through the somewhat quiet restaurant as she gave me a look, shaking her head at me for actually thinking I could fool her, "You're dating one of the hottest men in the NFL, I know you got stuff to spill."

"Oh please." Her comment sparked laughter in me.

"But for real, how are things in paradise? You guys good?" Tonya's tone changed to one of concern.

"Yeah." I nodded, a smile on my face, "Thing are great. We're great."

"That makes me so happy. You guys are adorable." A smile crossed her face, "So what's on your mind?"

"Well..." I started, "we were lying in bed the other night and he asked me to move in with him."

"I knew it!" Tonya grinned as she shook her head, "I didn't know he asked you to move in but I knew you were holding something back."

"Well, I wasn't holding it back. I just hadn't had a chance to talk to you about it and I need some advice."

"Advice?" She seemed surprised at my choice of words, "My advice is to move in with him. That boy is crazy about you."

I nodded; I knew how he felt about me. He never really left anything to be questioned, which was a good thing. I was more than secure with our relationship, I don't ever remember being in a relationship where I was so sure of how my significant other felt about me. But with JJ, there really was no gray area. Sure our relationship was far from perfect, which relationship is? But I do know that he loves me and I have never questioned that.

"What's stopping you?" She was trying to figure out where my mind was at right now as she rested her back against the booth.

"What if we're too much for him?" I asked. Overwhelming him was my biggest concern, "What if he decides it's not what he wants? Then what? I lose the man I love and I'm back at ground zero?"

"Emma, first off... you and Noah will never be too much for him. Don't you think he thought about all of this before he asked you? JJ's not stupid and from what I know he doesn't do anything half assed and he doesn't do anything without putting his whole heart and all of the dedication in the world into it." Tonya was right; JJ hardly ever does anything on a whim.

"You're right." I agreed with her statements, I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else.

"What are you thinkin?" She was curious, "Are you going to give it a try?"

"Yeah..." I nodded, "I just needed some reassurance. Ya know? It's a big deal."

"I respect that. One hundred percent." Tonya was one of my biggest supporters and I knew that she would never steer me in the wrong direction, "You know I would tell you if I didn't think this was a good idea."

"I know." I assured her, "Once I started talking to you about it I felt silly for ever even questioning it. I would have to be an idiot to not take this opportunity. I finally found an amazing man and I deserve to be happy."

This was a big step for Noah and I, I had to protect the both of us. I didn't want to get hurt and I sure as hell wasn't going to allow Noah to be hurt. JJ wasn't like that. He wasn't my ex and never would be and I couldn't allow any fears the past gave me interfere with our future. I owed it to myself, to all of us, to give this a try; to see where we may end up. There's not a doubt in my mind that JJ could be my forever. I just didn't want to build my hopes up so high, not yet.