Date Night

"Hey Lily." Calum said holding out his hand for me as I stepped out of my moms car. I smiled at him but waved goodbye to my mother before walking toward him. He easily slipped his arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"So what are we doing?" I asked as Calum moved us toward the entrance of the plaza. He didn't want to tell me where we were going tonight because he wanted it to be a surprise.

"We're going to go eat first." He said smiling at me.

"And then?" I pushed. Calum laughed.

"You'll see." I kind of hoped it wasn't what I was thinking but part of me wished it was.

"You'll eat anything right?" Calum asked as he switched from having his arm around my shoulders to holding my hand. I arched an eyebrow at him.

"Is this a trick question?" Calum smirked and winked at me before laughing. He pulled me toward the pizza joint at the very far corner of the plaza. Calum ended up buying a large pizza, even though it was just the two of us. He said he was hungry though and he wasn't kidding. I could barely finish two slices but Calum ate nearly the entire pizza. "I knew you were a pig." I teased lightly.

"I take offense to that." Calum said rolling his eyes at me.

"You were supposed to." I said with a grin. Talking with Calum was.. Easy. Too easy. He was actually interested in what I had to say and he wanted to know everything about me and surprisingly, I wanted to know more about him too. Imagine, two years of him coming over to my house and messing with my stuff and with me and we hardly knew anything about each other.

"Okay, I've seen your music collection and its to die for." I groaned and flopped my head onto the table.

"You guys need to stop going into my fuckin room." I said popping up and hitting his arm. Calum rubbed the spot and laughed at me.

"It's mostly your brother. He loves pissing you off."

"You do too!" I grumbled, pointing at him.

"I love getting you angry Kitten." Calum said with a smirk. "I always thought you were hotter when you were angry." I groaned, flushing red as I turned away from him. Calum laughed and took my hand. "Aw come on, it's cute. You're the only person I know whose cute when they're angry."

"Then I must be cute all the fucking time." I murmured, running my free hand through my hair. Calum grinned.

"You are." I blushed again.

We left the pizza place hand in hand and walked around slowly, talking. Turns out, Calum and I have a lot more in common than we thought. Besides music, we want to go to the same college, have read a lot of the same books, and share a mutual hatred for Kelly Enright at our school. We had more in common than I ever thought we would.

"You know you're really cool. I can't believe I never noticed it before." Calum said bumping his shoulder against mine.

"Because there was a cloud of stupid covering you." Calum snickered and rolled his eyes at me.

"Naw I think it was your brother. He likes making fun of you so I never saw you as anything but his little annoying sister."

"So I'm annoying?" I demanded of him. Calum shrugged, unfazed.

"No. I just thought you were. That is, until I read what you said about me in your diary." I hit his chest.

"That was classified information and I still hate you and my brother for that." Calum snorted, unable to contain his laughter.

"Hey! If I didn't read it, we wouldn't be here right now." It was my turn to roll my eyes. Classic move. "So would you really let me do anything to you." Calum asked quietly, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, walking away from him faster. Calum laughed as he jogged to catch up.