3rd Christmas Special

"What's on your mind Atsushi-kun? You've been staring at your desk for a long time."

"Oh, sorry Dazai-san." Atsushi apologized. "Well I've just been thinking-"

"Yeah thinking is nice." Atsushi stared at him for a few seconds then continued.

"Anyways, it's almost Christmas and I want to do something special for [Y/n]-chan, but I don't want her to know about it. But I don't know what to do with her since it would be difficult to do anything when she's in the same house me."

"Ah, so you want to send her away." Dazai said.

"That's a harsh way to say it, but kinda. It's just need her out for a few hours, but I don't know where she could go."

"She could stay with me." Dazai excitedly said. "We'll have so much fun."

"Sorry Dazai-san, but no. I know your 'fun' is you trying to commit suicide." Atsushi shot him down. Dazai pretended to be in pain as he turned away with a hurt look.

"Cold... but you're right."

"See."

"Well then, have fun thinking of someone. I'm going on break now." Dazai said as he stood up to leave.

"Bye." Once Dazai left, Atsushi went back to thinking.

' she could stay with Tanizaki-kun- ahh but they probably want to spend time together and not have to watch over her..... maybe Kenji-kun?... wait, no he's going back home during that time. she can't stay with Kyouka-chan since she's going to be helping me. so then who..... '

As Atsushi was thinking he wasn't able to hear the office door open. But he was able to hear the loud voice that brought him out of his thoughts.

"Poe-san!"

Atsushi looked up and saw you run up to the taller, slightly disheveled, man. He noticed how you always liked to greet him whenever he came to the office. The first few times Poe was surprised, but as you kept doing it he got used to you coming up to him. Although you were always happy before, it seemed like you became a little more happier whenever he arrived. He also noticed how Poe would become more calmer, or relaxed, whenever you talked to him.

' maybe him?... '

Atsushi watched as you asked why Poe was here today. Most of the time his answer was to give Ranpo manuscripts, and today it was also the same thing. Though Atsushi knew that once Poe gave the manuscripts to Ranpo, he would stay for a few minutes just for you.

' I'll ask him when he leaves. ' Atsushi decided. Luckily, he didn't have to wait long. As you and Poe were exchanging your goodbye's Atsushi stood up and waited until you left so he could speak with Poe.

"Ah, excuse me." Atsushi said as he lightly tapped on Poe's shoulder.

"Eek!" Poe quickly turned around. "Ah, it's just you." He sighed in relief.

"Sorry."

"It's fine.... Did you need something?"

"Yeah. Um, are you free anytime next week?"

"Yes, I don't have anything to do next week." Poe wondered why he was asking this. No one has ever really asked him about his own schedule before, especially Ranpo.

"Great! Do you think maybe you could watch over [Y/n]-chan sometime next week? I was planning on doing something special for her, but I need her out of the house for a while. So I was just wondering, maybe you could take her somewhere for a few hours."

"S-sure."

Atsushi looked at his expression. Although his bangs covered half his face, Atsushi could tell he was happy.