Abducted

Despite my best efforts, I could not escape the beam that was pulling me toward the spaceship. To be honest, I stopped struggling when I knew that it didn't help. I wanted to get a close look at what this spaceship looked like, and it seemed that I was getting my wish!

I ended in a small room that looked like any bedroom that I was in. There was a bed and some toys as well as a toilet and a sink. The only thing was that the door of the bedroom would not open. I was locked in this bedroom. There was a small window in the bedroom and when I looked out, I could see the area where they beamed me up. My bike was on the ground. I knew that we were moving as I could see that we were going higher up. Everything was getting smaller. I knew that we were in space when the earth was a beautiful blue globe.

I sat on the bed to try and figure out what was happening. I would understand if this was just a dream and I would wake up someplace confused and thinking if this was a nightmare. I had to accept that this was not a dream. I was on a spaceship travelling through space. The scary part was that I had no clue who was on this ship and why they even wanted me.

I remember reading stories of people that said that they were abducted by Aliens. These people told that they were experimented on and some even said that it was an embarrassing and painful experience. This made me shudder. I did not want to be a guinea pig for some aliens scientific experiments. The problem was that they were most likely way stronger than me, and I would have no choice.

I sat in the corner and started crying. It was all my fault. I was just a bitter girl that could not even accept the way my parents were. They just wanted me to succeed in life, and I could not accept that it was hard for them to show any love or acceptance. I already missed them and wondered what their reaction would be when they found my abandoned bike.

I was also mad at myself. I knew that the light that I followed was not a normal thing. Why did I not run when I realized that it was a UFO? Did I expect a friendly alien to come out and invite me for a cup of tea? I should have known that this was dangerous and could not end up well.

I must have been in the room for ages when the door first opened. It was the first time that I have seen one of the aliens. My heart raced and I could hardly breathe when I saw the alien. The alien was about the same size as me. It was silver and its skin was shiny. It was like polished silverware. It had 6 hands and huge eyes. I could not see any ears or mouth. In a way, the alien was cute, but I was so afraid!

I moved back to the corner of the room and could not utter a word. I was so afraid that the alien would experiment with me and hurt me. It took me some time to build up some courage and beg the alien not to hurt me. The alien did not say anything. He just placed some food down on the floor and went again.

I was quite surprised at the food. It was not mush or porridge-like. It was pizza which tasted quite good. There was also a glass of coke. This is not what I expected. I was so hungry, that I would have eaten anything. I will also be honest, that I was not as afraid as I was. I also used my logic to think that worrying about things would not stop them from happening. I had to be brave and trust that God was even in space and he would protect me.

Another alien came to get my empty plate and glass. Once again I asked him not to hurt me or lock me up. The alien did not speak, but I could hear his voice in my mind. He told me that they would not hurt or harm me. If I behaved myself, then this would be a good trip. This made me feel a small bit better. I still had so many questions. Why did they abduct me and where were we going? When could I go home? All these questions reminded me that I was still here against my will.

The Alien was right about how they would treat me. They never were mad at me or harmed me in any way. I was spoiled with the food I got. There was even a bath where I could take bubble baths. They had a wardrobe where I could change clothes and a lot of toys. I would also look out the window and wonder how far away we were from Earth. I could only see stars. I made up my mind to do behave and show them the good side of humans.

I was no longer locked in the room. They left the door open and told me that I could explore the ship. I decided to stay in the room as I felt safest there. This seemed to make them happy and told me that I would do well where we were going. The good thing was that I could hear their thoughts. They communicated through telepathy, which was quite cool. It usually was technical things that they spoke about, like what direction the ship was going and the speed.

Once I heard them say that humans were a good commodity. We were not very strong and we could be easily manipulated. We were also a very popular species and this made us very valuable. They did admit that the only problems that humans had were our will for freedom, but this should not be a problem with me. It would be easier for me to settle into my destiny as I was a child.

This was not easy for me to hear and I did not understand why they were saying this. I am sure that they were more technologically superior than humans, but thinking that we were a commodity was going too far. Even the human race found out that slavery was immoral and should never be done. If they thought that I would be their slave, then they had to think again. I would always fight for my freedom.

I finally dared to ask one of the Aliens when I was going home. The short answer was that I was not going home. I asked could what would happen to me?

"I heard your thoughts about humans stopping slavery," he said, "Yet there are still humans in some part of your world that are forced to be slaves. This may be illegal but it still happens. What about your zoos? Humans capture animals and lock them in cages so they can watch the animals. Is this something the animals want?"

" That is different" I explained.

"It is no different than what will happen to you. There is a huge zoo in sector B12 in the galaxy that has species from all over the universe. We were paid to find a young human and transport this human to the zoo. So you will be put in a human enclosure and the whole universe can visit and see you. Do not worry, this is not like a human zoo. You will be treated very well and you will not be alone. You will not even feel like you are part of a zoo. Our zoos are not like the human zoo's"

I ran back to the bedroom and slumped in the corner. I would be like a monkey in a zoo. Despite that the alien told me not to compare it with human zoo's, I could not help to do it. It was the only thing that I knew. I felt like that my life over.

I did not say a word for the rest of the trip.

We finally landed on a planet. I looked out the window and was surprised at how much it looked like earth. There were no cities or houses. It was green and lots of trees and lakes and rivers. The clouds were so clean and lovely and there was even a rainbow. I thought that it looked like heaven!

Another Alien came into the bedroom. He looked like a huge ape from the planet of the Apes, except he only had one eye. I expected him to put me in a collar and a chain. However, he just said in a weird chipmunk voice that I was welcome to "Galaxy Zoo" and he hoped that I would feel happy here. He held my hand.

He then took my hand and led me through the zoo. There were no cages. There were huge enclosures where there was a lot of space. There were some strange creatures in these. Some I noticed was from the earth, and others looked like overgrown insects or different animals glued together. It was a bit like the aliens that were on the Men in Black films. Some aliens were visiting and observing the enclosures. It made me think who decided who should be in the enclosures and who should be the guests, as they all looked weird to me.

I looked up at the Ape that was holding my hand and told him there must be a mistake. I was not an animal and I was sure that my parents would be missing me.

He just smiled at me and showed me this huge green area that looked like a summer camp.

"This is your new home," he said.

to be continued