Chapter 5

Feast and Friends

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurora's stomach growls. Placing a hand on her stomach, her face contorts into a pout. Fred catches her eyes, staring with an amused look. They both turn away, him laughing.

Scoffing, Aurora rests her hand on her chin. Staring at the now cloudy sky above her, sporting a soft smile. Trying to avoid the growing hunger, she looks down at the table. Glaring at the shiny gold plate, willing there to food.

Albus Dumbledore rises to his feet, his arms open wide. Hermione elbows Aurora in the ribs.

"Ow! What was that for?"

Hermione brought her finger to her lips, shushing her twin, nodding toward the now speaking Dumbledore.

"Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

Aurora claps, laughing with the rest of the hall at the childish antics of their headmaster.

"Just a few more words before the feast. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."

Dumbledore's excited eyes flash in the direction of the Weasley twins.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors."

Aurora quietly snorts, already thinking up mischievous ways to break that rule.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch.

"And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

"Thank you!"

He sat back down. Once more, everybody claps and cheers. Aurora wolf-whistles at the elderly wizard, Fred, and George joining her.

Turning back towards her plate, her jaw drops. The dishes in front of her were now piled with food.

Roast beef and chicken, pork and lamb chops, sausages, bacon, and steak. Boiled and roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, and gravy, all resided in front of her.

Aurora, filling her plate to the brim, begins to eat. She shoves the food into her mouth as if she'd never eaten before. Looking up, Aurora sees Hermione look at her in horror.

"What?"

"Could you not have some manners?" Hermione hisses.

Aurora shrugs, gladly going back to her food. George goes to whisper to Fred, supposedly not meaning for Aurora to hear. Nonetheless, she does.

"Never thought I'd find someone who eats as much as Ron"

The twins snicker, then start to discuss other various topics all while eating.

She pauses at that, slightly curling into herself. Looking at the food on her plate with disgust, she suddenly loses her appetite. Her fork unceremoniously clanks against the ceramic plate as it slides out of her grip. The twins halt their conversation, looking up at Aurora simultaneously. She gives them a blank far-away stare, getting up and walking towards the exit before they have the chance to speak.