10. Cassandra

~Liam Rayn's POV~

Avery was crying, Sam trying comfort her and I was standing there regretting. At first I thought she was over reacting but I didn't think that me exposing her secret would lead to this.

"Hey.." we hear a quiet voice. We all shot our head towards the person and to our surprise, it was Rayla.

Avery runs over to her and hugs her tightly saying "We were soo worried!"

Sam joins in on the hug and says "I'm glad you're okay"

At this point I didn't know how to approach her.

I know that saying sorry wasn't gonna help. I kept my head low, guilty to look at her.

Her face was red and puffy, she was clearly crying ever since but she seemed more relaxed.

The garden was very pretty and calming, I can tell why she decided to come here.

Once they stopped hugging I walked over to her.

"I'm sorry.. I know that won't change anything but I thought maybe you could hate me less.. I'm not asking you to forgive me, I didn't think that-" "it's okay" she cuts me off.

"What?"

"I said it's ok. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have found out about Leo. Not that I wanted to but I was going to know at some point and the fact that he's Sam's brother just-" "you don't need to tell me" I cut her off. I could tell she wasn't comfortable talking about the subject and especially not now.

"Let's go home" Avery says.

"Oh and, you're sleeping at my house today, I told your sister you were with me and that you were staying over cause I didn't want to worry her" she continues.

"Okay" Rayla replies.

We start walking out of the garden and I didn't have the courage to talk to her after everything that's happened.

"I'm guessing Leo told you about this place" Rayla breaks the silence.

"Yeah" Sam answers her question.

"Okay"

Arrived at my car, I sit in the drivers seat and Sam and Avery sit in the back which leaves no choice for Rayla but to sit next to me.

The car ride was silent but the silence was soo loud.

Avery and Sam could see the tension between us and thankfully decided to break the silence.

"That's a nice garden" Avery says.

"Yeah, it sure is. How'd you find it?" Sam questioned.

Rayla looks down and smiles to herself.

"Ace showed me it" she mumbles still smiling. She was probably remembering old times with her brother.

As I continue driving, Rayla opens her window and starts looking outside, she was admiring the nature. I honestly don't know how people enjoy just looking at grass filled with flowers and trees like I get bored the second I think of just sitting there doing nothing.

"Here's where I met Casandra" Rayla breaks the silence.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"She was Ace's girlfriend, she was like a sister to me and was always there when I needed her. I've never seen her after his death.. she just disappeared" she shrugs.

"Oh wow" is all I was able to say.

Finally arrived at Avery's house, they all get out of the car and walk into her house.