A Luna That Heals

Isabel

After running into the forest, I loop back around.

I know that Blake doesn't want me in harms way, but I can't leave him. Flora won't let me, even if I want to leave, both of us feel that we need to be here, why I'm not sure yet.

So I watch from a bush as Blake shifts into his human form and tries to talk to the witch.

My fox hearing picking up everything they say. Which I already knew.

I force myself to stay still as Blake attacks the female.

The way he shifts back and forth from human to wolf I have to admire its flawless. As soon as he was done the attack he was right back to his spot in front of her in his human form.

When I watch the witch pierce my mate with silver shards the pain racks through my body and Flora see's red as she readies herself to attack.

Leaping from the bushes I charge towards the witch.

Thankfully all of her attention is on my male. Who's wolf body has slumped to the ground.

I can feel his pain, piercing through me. Enraging my fox and I even more.

'I'm sorry my flower.'

Blake's words strike a chord in me and I let out a thundering growl, that I didn't even know I could make, watching my mates eyes closed ripping me apart.

The witch turns to face me, shock written all over her face as I launch at her. Gripping her throat between my teeth, I bite as hard as I can.

The metallic taste of blood fills my throat, the flavour spurs me on clench even harder down.

I shake my head as I pull away, a satisfying ripping sound comes as her throat rips open as I back away to attack again.

Her body falls to the ground in front of me, she's already dead but I don't cate. I rear up on my hind legs before bringing my claws down on top of her.

My claws rip through her body. Her guts and organs spilling out of her body as my eyes find her face.

Her eyes no longer have the white sparkle, only the sight of a dead woman.

Satisfied that the threat to my mate is eliminated I rush over to the large black wolf's side.

I brush my body against his large one, hoping he'll move. 'Blake, it's over. Get up please' I plead with him.

He doesn't move. I can't see his chest moving and I hear no breathing.

A crushing weight drops over me. I may not be a wolf but I still let out a soul crushing howl for all to hear.

'Blake please open your eyes!' I cry as I move closer to his head. I need him. He can't be gone. 'Don't leave me too.'

I don't know what I'm going to do without him. Would I have to leave my new home? What about our pup? I know I wasn't ready to be a parent, Blake was the only thing pushing me through this.

I shift back into my human form and pick his large furry head up to cradle against my chest as I bury my face in the fur.

Tears stream down my cheek, falling onto his forehead.

I can hear the sounds of other shifters coming, but I don't care.

My sole focus is on my mate.

I lift my head up a little so I can lean my forehead against his as I beg and pray for him to come back to me.

"Please moon goddess, don't take him from me. We have a whole life to live together, our pup to raise. Please let him live." I whisper before softly kissing his forehead.

A soft white light starts flowing, making me pull back. The spot where I'd kissed him is glowing...

I have no clue what's going on as the light starts to get brighter and brighter and brighter.

It gets so bright I have to close my eyes to shield them from the light, but I don't pull away from Blake, I tighten my hold on him, not wanting to ever let go

The entire clearing is silent as the light starts to fade and I'm able to open my eyes.

A soft thump startles me, and I realize it was his heart beating as a short breath comes out of his nose.

Silver shards start sliding out of his back as his eyes open wide and two ice blue eyes look back at me.

I let out a squeal of joy as I realize he's healing and he's alive.

"Your alive, oh thank the moon goddess your alive!" With each word I kiss another spot on his face.

Anywhere my lips could get I put them on him.

His deep chuckle fills my head. Filling me with warmth.

'I'm ok little flower.' He lifts his head, pulling away from me.

Turning his head to take in the circle of men around us. I hadn't even noticed them, I'd been so focused on my wolf.

One of the men steps forward, the shadows leaving his face and revealing Jared.

He drops a blanket over my body. Before crouching down, lowering his head. Bowing in submission before his Alpha and Luna.

Blake shifts into his human skin as he stands up.

He reaches a hand down, helping me stand up beside him before he looks around the circle of warriors, satisfied with them his eyes turn to man crouched before us

"Rise Jared."

Jared listens.

"Jared thank you for helping save my female, you fit the role of beta well. Much better than the traitor before you." Blake pats the new beta on the shoulder before turning to me.

"Let's get you home." He says to me than shifts back into his wolf form. I can't shift though, I'm so tired after the fight and than killing the witch. Flora's been hard at work on healing me since I shifted back into my human skin.

Blake stops and looks at me curiously. 'You need to shift.'

I shake my head. "I can't, I'm too tired." Blake walks back over to me. 'Get on.' He flicks to his back.

I give him a grateful smile before climbing up into his back. I lay down enjoying his warm fur as the two of us make our way back home.