Final Goodbyes

I went over to the Stolls first because they were in the worst condition. As I walked over I unfroze the ice spikes pinning Frank and told him to go check on Will. Clarisse had escaped from her little ice cocoon and was checking on Travis and Connor when I got there. She was shivering so I placed a hand on her shoulder to dry her off. I gathered some water and moved to bend down next to Connor. He was still unconscious but the cuts that I made were bleeding. I covered my hands in a layer of water and then gently placed them on the two wounds. I closed my eyes and focussed. I thought about the feeling I get when I'm healed by water and then moved the energy I gathered through the water on my hands. The two cuts stopped bleeding then I could feel them slowly close underneath my hands. I felt sweat start to form on my forehead. As soon as I felt the wounds close completely I lifted my hands and fell backwards. Destructive and dangerous weren't the only things I learnt in Tartarus. Around a week and a half ago I figured out that if I really focused I could heal someone with water the same way that water heals me. However, it wasn't without its drawbacks. Healing used a lot more energy and power than anything else I could do. 

While I was healing Connor, Clarisse was helping Travis back to his feet. I wasn't hurt anywhere but he was struggling to get his breath back. They turned to watch what I was doing. They watched as I placed my hands on Connor's wounds and then waited as I struggled to heal the small cuts. When I finished and fell backwards, their jaws fell as well. Where Connor was bleeding there was now no trace that he had ever been hurt. "He's still going to have to go to the infirmary to recover but his wounds are gone," I said to them, still catching my breath on the floor. "Uhh sure," Travis said. They both collected their law from the floor and Travis bent down check on his brother. "That was incredible Percy, when did you learn how to do that?" Travis asked while slowly lifting his brother up. "Not too long ago," I replied, "I'm still can't do much more than that at the moment, and it still takes everything out of me." 

"Well even so, thanks," he said as he slowly walked away, dragging an unconscious Connor with him. I nodded in response. I sat there for another minute to recover, Clarisse was still standing off to the side of me. "Can I help you Clarisse?" I asked sarcastically, not even needing to turn towards her. "How much were you holding back?" she grumbled quietly. I didn't answer for a couple seconds. "Enough," is all I said in response. 

"You're a beast Jackson," she said as she turned and walked away. I chuckled and just continued to sit there. I could move if I wanted, but the quiet was nice. Then both Jason and Annabeth walked into the clearing. "What the Hades happened to you?" Jason asked in a playful tone, hinting at the outcome that I lost. "I followed your stupid plan," I laughed back at him. "I drew all their strongest away from the game and took out a big squad of others and you still didn't manage to get their flag!" Jason just laughed and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "And you," I turned to look at Annabeth trying to act serious but I couldn't keep the smile from my face. "Really! Six of them, that's a little overkill don't you think?" I asked.

"I was just following my plan," she shrugged her shoulders, "plus what are you complaining about, you won didn't you." I waved my hand in a dismissive manner,

"yeah yeah whatever, still a pain though." I got up and walked towards them, "come on, lets join everyone else at the camp fire, I still need to apologise to Frank and Will, I think I might've kicked them a bit hard." I slung my arms over their shoulders and started walking. 

We made it to the camp fire and joined our group of friends. Everyone was laughing and singing along to the songs the Apollo cabin lead. The fire shined brightly into the nights sky. I said my apologies to Frank and Will, Frank didn't mind because he was able to get some hits off on me as well. Will didn't care either but he was certainly interested in my limited healing abilities. We spent a good chunk of time talking. Half way through the night Connor joined us, having finally woken up. I said my apologies to him as well. He flicked my ear and called us even. The rest of the time around the camp fire was amazing. Soon everyone was told to go to bed before the harpies started getting annoyed. Everyone bid their goodnights as we went our separate ways to our cabins. I walked with Annabeth to the Athena cabin and bid her good night with a kiss. I went back to cabin 3 and went to bed. However, it wasn't peaceful.