Chapter 22 - Feel the Heat

"Robin. The next time I'm in heat - I want you to bite me."

Robin's elbow slipped out from underneath his chin and he did a face-plant on the bed, briefly disappearing in a pile of fluffy blankets and emerging tousled.

"I-I'm sorry?"

Red threw his head back and laughed. "Good to see I can still surprise you."

For weeks, he had thought about this. He was sure.

"I want you to bite me. I want us to bond."

"...Even after how Montgomery tried to force you? You'd want to...with me?"

"We are bound together in every other way. We go together, right?"

"We do," Robin replied without missing a beat. "I'm yours in every way. But that would be true even if we never bond."

"I could hide the bite under a collar. It would be annoying to wear one, but whatever. I'd deal with it."

It was considered appropriate for Red, as a single omega, to live with his brother instead of alone. It was also fine for them to show affection publicly and be close. And since he now belonged to the upper classes - apparently - it would be good if he wore a collar.

So even if Robin did bite him, they could easily keep it hidden....

"But is it what you want?"

Red growled. "I want you in every way. I want you tied to me so tightly we could never be separated - so that you could never leave my side again. It's actually terribly possessive of me... maybe a bit creepy. 

"So are you sure you'd want it, Robin? You could refuse me, you know. You do know that?"

Robin looked at him, deadpan. "I couldn't refuse you anything if I tried."

"Wrong answer, alpha boy."

The taller youth sighed, long-suffering. 

"Red...being bonded to you...your mate, so close no-one could take me from you or you from me..." 

A visible shiver ran through him, and he bit his lip.

"It's a desire so old and strong in me, I don't even know how deep it runs. It's so forbidden, and so, so tantalising... 

"I feel as if - " He swallowed, throat clicking. "As if, if I could only have that one thing - the very thing you're offering me, like temptation incarnate - then I would be complete. You could bond with me, and then kill me, and I would have no regrets."

Red blinked. "Ngh."

"You could give me this, and I would die happy. That's how much I want you - how much I love you. You are my everything, my dearest, my darling, my deepest, darkest, most burning secret desire... Do you understand? You are everything."

He was breathing harshly. 

"And you ask if I want to become your mate? I would sell my soul for the chance, gladly, if every part of me including it didn't already belong to you. My Red. It was always you."

"Robin..." the omega whispered, falling forward, drawn towards his lips. 

The kiss Robin gave him was addictively sweet, but when they parted, the alpha still looked wary. 

"Wouldn't it hurt?" he asked, glancing down and away, dark lashed fanning out across the top of his cheeks. 

A part of Red wanted to poke him and retort, you weren't worried about that when you took my virginity.