Part Six: Bio Rings

So it turned out that androids could replicate.

That being said; an android such as Alesia and an android just like Eden could produce offspring (which they did, and had one quite happy child; then two more later in life!)

For complete clarity, as the androids were made by human beings with human motives, they were designed so that they could copulate sexually to reproduce (bot to bot, that is, unless heavy modifications were made to make them compatible across species); thus, bots could have children.

Most importantly for this story, robots could miscarry. Software glitches, mechanical failures; bot death; could occur.

Androids thus made miscarriage rings.

Following logic, if humans used electronics as machines to carry their own life....

The Android miscarriage rings were made of human flesh.

Well, actually, it was cow meat, but the growing memory smears in the Human population, along with flat out lies, spread this much-disliked but little-protested idea that the Android rings were made of human flesh. Regardless, no matter what they were made of, biological flesh turned out to be a massively efficient bio-machine in turns of carrying the android mind. The idea of an electronic machine was made to serve a human host; thus it would make sense that biological life would be extraordinarily compatible with the carrying of digital information.

Oh, and by God you should've seen how they worked about the holograms.